Opinions on Fal pro rugs

ironhorse

Visit site
Can I have some opinions on the fit and quality of Fal pro rugs?
I've got my eye on a heavyweight Tasker with the zip on neck.
Do they come up big or about right? Our mare is not very big but has huge shoulders and hips..takes a 6'3" rug.
Do they rub the mane at all...she is terrible for getting a rubbed mane which is why I'm avoiding combo rugs as opposed to detatchable neck..they seem to rub less.

Lollii

Visit site
I have two Fal Pro rugs for my two horses, I brought them 2nd hand they are fab in the really cold weather for clipped horses - they are VERY warm!

My horses live in them 24/7 in the cold weather, I put a bigger size lightweight rug (no fill) with a neck on top when they are out in the field to keep them clean, then when they are in their stable I take the top rug off, I love them, really cozy, sorry I'm not sure on the fit for your horse but they fit mine like a glove and they don't rub anywhere.

Sessie

Visit site
I bought a MW Fal rug for my first boy who was a 15.2hh ISH. It came up a bit big for him (other 6'3's fitted well). I didn't have that horse for long and used the same rug on my new boy who is also 15.2hh, but a finer type welsh sec D, and it was too big for him. I also found 6'3 masta rugs came up a bit big on him, but weatherbeeta 6'3 fits him like a glove if that's any help.

tikino

Visit site
My horse has a 6'3 fall bulldog with zip neck and all his rugs a 6'3 and this rug fits him perfectly. i love my fal rugs and would have another any time a need new rugs totaly converted

Noodlejaffa

www.ailsamactaggart.co.uk
They do tend to come up big in size. However, have to admit the quality of them has gone down hill since production moved abroad. I used to have everything in FAL (fairly local company to me) but have moved over to other brands instead.

TelH

Visit site
My old mare had the red Fal pro viking turnout rug, it was very warm and very hard wearing, lasted her for years, in fact it outlasted her, she was pts 3 years ago but I still have the rug just in case I get another horse that it will fit. I can't comment on Fal's more recent rugs but that one was the best turnout I have ever had.

orsceno1

Visit site
I have a heavyweight Fal turnout - sorry cant remember the model! I think they are about right on size but I find it is rather snug around the shoulders. My boy isnt particularly big - I would say average build - and he def has more room in his rambo rugs. Perhaps the cut but you might want to reconsider if your horse has very big shoulders? Could you return if it doesnt fit? Rug quality is excellent though
blush.gif
)

tabithakat64

Visit site
My two (a cob and Welsh x Arab) wear Fal's or Weatherbeeta's and I love both, I find the Fal's are tougher though and would pick them every time if I could afford it.

Louby

Visit site
I love FAL rugs but they dont fit my horse too well. He is a deep big chested MW and I find they pull back and rub him. I would say the old FALs were very generous but tried a Chieftein?? recently and it was very true to size, infact the neck which ws detachable was too small so it went back. You can order them in a classic or bigger neck size and the ones Ive tried were classic. Pulled forward they fit great but for some reason they pull back on my boy.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Love them, fit both my cob and Fjord very well. Actually not going to buy anything else now. Think they come up a little big, but not that big. 14hh Fjord is in a 6ft and 15hh cob in a 6ft3.
They are really tough and well made.

daisalph

Visit site
Hi Tikino

How's your baby? I've got the colt that's her double. What size is she now? Is she still bright bay or darkening with the winter coat coming in?

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
IMHO I would never swap a fal for a PE rug!
I have several fals and have always found them to fit well and be of excellent quality.
I have a l/w and a m/w both 6'3 I need to put on ebay as no longer have the horse they were bought for. Do people only buy secondhand if they have been cleaned? neither are very dirty and I don't really want to spend extra to get them cleaned LOL!

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
I have a Goliath with attached neck and i wish i had gone for the next size up. Dont get me wrong, it fits... but a 6'9 would be better length wise when hes got his head down grazing, and considering he lives out... if only i have double checked the fit with him grazing before he got it all muddy etc!