Opinions on horse please :)

Coblette

Visit site
Hello, I like the look of this little fella, would anyone be willing to look at the advert for me and give me their honest opinions and views via PM please. Videos are included on the ad.

HQ 278282
Thank you :)

HelenBack

Visit site
I like him. He's very handsome and looks genuine in the videos. The ad seems honest enough (not that that always means much!) so if he's the sort of thing you're looking for I'd definitely go and take a look. You probably wanted something a bit more critical than that but I'm not very good at that, sorry!

Littlebear

Visit site
I really like the horse and the advert, would prob want a good check on the bites mentioned.

The rider looks very tidy and balanced and they have said quite honestly the horse needs someone balanced so as long as that fits - looks like a good'en.

clinkerbuilt

Visit site
what a lovely boy. Am I imagining that the rider is working to keep him up and off his forehand? But he's only young, so that's just part of the ongoing work (if so).

millikins

Visit site
I'd be interested to know if the buck into every canter transition is habit or indicates a problem. Being of a naturally suspicious disposition I don't understand why "he didn't make the height" is the reason for sale, he's already an over height connie, and was bought at 4 so almost fully grown, how big did the seller think he was going to make? Worth viewing but I'd be wary.

ihatework

Visit site
Definitely worth travelling, trying, vetting. As long as there is nothing major undisclosed or found on vetting that will go quick at the price.

ETA - assuming you are looking for a nice allrounder type and have the ability to continue the education as he isn’t the finished article yet

Spiritedly

Visit site
He seems nice but I'm curious about the lack of trot and walk in the videos, it makes me wonder if there's something about those paces they don't want to advertise.

Maryann

Visit site
If I was shopping I would go and see him. I would be looking for a nice riding club all rounder. I thought from the advert that he is being sold because he lacks the scope to jump higher than 90cm. Looking at the video I think he might just be an economical jumper. He is being ridden nicely and looks happy and sensible.

blitznbobs

Visit site
No expert, but I think he looks very short behind on his right hind!

He looked like he struggled to bring that hind around when going into canter, hence the buck.
Yes iwould agree and not pushing through hocks much either. - if he were 12 ok but he’s 6….If I was very keen I’d have his hocks xrayed at the very least

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Oh fgs people, this is a few minutes of video, give the chap a chance.

OP if he’s the right type, right price, and not a million miles away then, as with any horse, go and see it, watch it, ride it, take a sensible second pair of eyes and ask questions. Then if you like him, get him vetted, and if you’ve concerns ask the vet, you’ll get all sorts of random diagnoses from Internet forum posters.

TPO

Visit site
I don't think I've ever replied to a thread like this for the reasons above but I think they are pretty pointless.

I could tell you that horse X was amazing when it was going on 3 legs or imagine I see a lameness that isn't there. No one knows the experience of the people replying so it's pretty pointless.

In the past there have been threads like this where I thought its been glaringly obvious issues with big neon signs the replies were all to get the horse/s and yeah, there are issues. So don't trust a forum of unknown entities!

I appreciate wanting opinions but much better for anyone looking to consult with experienced people who know them and their abilities in real life. Speak only with people whos judgement and experience is known to you.

Don't get me wrong there are posters on here that I don't know personally but who's opinion I respect and I'd perhaps drop them a PM asking if they'd be willing to look at an advert for me. Just don't see what's to gain getting a lot of random opinions from random people with random levels of experience (very much including myself with the randomness).

Coblette

Visit site
I don't think I've ever replied to a thread like this for the reasons above but I think they are pretty pointless.

I could tell you that horse X was amazing when it was going on 3 legs or imagine I see a lameness that isn't there. No one knows the experience of the people replying so it's pretty pointless.

In the past there have been threads like this where I thought its been glaringly obvious issues with big neon signs the replies were all to get the horse/s and yeah, there are issues. So don't trust a forum of unknown entities!

I appreciate wanting opinions but much better for anyone looking to consult with experienced people who know them and their abilities in real life. Speak only with people whos judgement and experience is known to you.

Don't get me wrong there are posters on here that I don't know personally but who's opinion I respect and I'd perhaps drop them a PM asking if they'd be willing to look at an advert for me. Just don't see what's to gain getting a lot of random opinions from random people with random levels of experience (very much including myself with the randomness).
Appreciate this, and obviously I don’t know how experienced every user is but I just wanted to get a feel for anything particular to pay attention to

TPO

Visit site
Appreciate this, and obviously I don’t know how experienced every user is but I just wanted to get a feel for anything particular to pay attention to

I understand that and its the easiest way to get a lot of opinions but it's pretty hard to sort the wheat from the chaff. Empty vessels make the most noise and all that...

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I'm not going to join in by posting what I may or may not see on the video, but all that is needed for a good sales video is wtc on both reins including the transitions and changes of rein, and some jumping if the horse jumps.

If any of the above have been edited out, my suspicions about the missing bits would be raised straight away. I would be checking those out extra extra carefully if I went on to view the horse.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I will say one general thing about viewing young horses, always ask how many different people have ridden it, and when, and that’s before you get on it yourself.

I'd refine that to 'Never get on a horse unless you see someone else ride it first'. If you have any doubts at all about it's behaviour, don't get on.