Opinions on NAF Thrive please

neddymad

Visit site
Following us nearly losing our fell yearling I want to feed him a probiotic to help restore his gut. I have looked a Thrive and wondered if anyone has used it or if there is a better alternative. Thanks

TigerTail

Visit site
Naf Thrive
Ingredients:
Sodium hydrogen, montmorillonite, Calcium carbonate, Magnesium oxide, Zinc sulphate, Sodium chloride

Wouldnt feed it myself, doesnt contain much by way of specific gut helpers either and I dont like how Naf fill out their products with rubbish which isnt necessary but you pay for anyway. You can always get the active ingredients in Naf products cheaper else where ;)

Personally id ring Debbie, the nutritionist at Thunderbrooks and give her the specifcs of your problem and let her advise you.

You didnt say exactly what had caused him to be ill?

neddymad

Visit site
Thank you for your replies, it seems that although we followed a strict worming program and had 2 low worm counts (including one on the day he was ill) the colic was caused by encysted worms! Our vets have said they have had a lot of cases recently and are putting it down to the weather being so mild and so the worms are migrating earlier.