Opinions on the breed of my pony

Ivjo19

Visit site
Hi!
I'm new here and wanted some opinions on the breed of my pony. She is 3 years old so I know she is not the most accurate representation of herself but wondered if anyone had any ideas on what she could be. We have had her for about 9 months and she was originally an hrt foal so we don't really know anything about her breeding at all. Although I think she could be fell/dales/new forest, but someone might have some other ideas, she is currently about 13.3hh but we think she might make about 14.2hh. oh and she's called Arwen and she is normally fully black with one white foot and star but she bleached quite a bit in the sun. Hope the link to the photos works if not say, and I'll try again
Thanks
http://s1174.photobucket.com/user/Ivjo19/media/IMG_20180601_230713_439_zpsm4tyqful.jpg.html

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
photobucket keeps showing me only half the pics so I hope it's ok to get it to show on the forum

IMG_20180601_230713_439_zpsm4tyqful.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I would have said Dales x. Or just a pleasant cob type :)

Def not either of the other native breeds you mention, as too tall and too much white (for a fell) and too feathered etc for a forester in the pics shown.

Ivjo19

Visit site
I would have said Dales x. Or just a pleasant cob type :)

Def not either of the other native breeds you mention, as too tall and too much white (for a fell) and too feathered etc for a forester in the pics shown.

Ok thanks! She has got the very long curly black mane which is I love! I guess I was probably hoping she had some nf, as have had 3 before and I love them!

Ivjo19

Visit site
Probably a dales or dales cross.
Funny thing is my mum always wanted a dales, are their temperaments nice? Tbh Arwen is a bit odd in that's she's been hand reared since about a week old, so doesn't really act like a normal pony

JJS

Visit site
Also thinking along the lines of Dales or Fell crossed with a Traditional Cob. She could even just be a Trad Cob - they have plenty of Dales and Fell in their lineage that would account for the resemblance to those breeds.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
I think she is Dales or Dales X. I have an 8 yr old Dales I have owned since he was 2. They are versatile and a bit quirky like many natives. Mine needs to see the point in things we do. He will try his heart out for me and we have done a bit of everything, distance rides regularly, jumping and xc clinics, dressage and le trec. I started groundwork at 4 with mine but only backed him at 5 as he took some time to mature. He is a lovely solid type now and grew to 15.1hh

Ivjo19

Visit site
I think she is Dales or Dales X. I have an 8 yr old Dales I have owned since he was 2. They are versatile and a bit quirky like many natives. Mine needs to see the point in things we do. He will try his heart out for me and we have done a bit of everything, distance rides regularly, jumping and xc clinics, dressage and le trec. I started groundwork at 4 with mine but only backed him at 5 as he took some time to mature. He is a lovely solid type now and grew to 15.1hh
Wow that sounds so similar to Arwen, she's very babyish mentally still in someways and I thought that was just down to being handled a bit late. She does love jumping and will sometimes spend a day jumping in and out of the field literally just for the fun of it! Thank you very much for your help, I think the resounding answer is I have myself a baby dales of some sorts!