Opinions on these hooves please? (club/boxy foot)

fathorselover

Visit site
Please can I ask opinions on this set of feet? Near fore is quite upright and boxy. The horse has apparently never been lame and was born like it, been out of work but had a ridden career in the past. My farrier didn't seem overly concerned and the horse was lovely otherwise!

IMG_20230418_142300_edit_3352425935891573.jpg
IMG_20230418_142239_edit_3352379732485330.jpg

honetpot

Visit site
My NF mares were worse than that, her frogs never touched the floor, even when trimmed and her shoes were more like an oval. Did PC and everything else, never lame ever. The whole limb confirmation will have adjusted to fit the feet, so you need a farrier that will not be tempted to make them look better.
I also had a maxi cob that had one leg completely pigeon-toed from the knee down, so the front legs didn't match, again never lame.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's fairly common, often attributed to the horse always grazing with one foot forward. A friend owned a sound point to pointer much worse, the other foot was flat. I would consider it a risk but not the biggest one in the world. If the price is right and you can cope with a companion only if things go wrong, then I would buy her. The feet look to be fabulous quality.

ETA except for the very bottom edge which is a little flaky. If this is a Connie you could test for HWSD.

Last edited:

fathorselover

Visit site
It's fairly common, often attributed to the horse always having with one foot forward. A friend owned a sound point to pointer much worse, the other foot was flat. I would consider it a risk but not the biggest one in the world. If the price is right and you can cope with a companion only if things go wrong, then I would buy her. The feet look to be fabulous quality.

ETA except for the very bottom edge which is a little flaky. If this is a Connie you could test for HWSD.
Not a Connie, and definitely not too much money either. Thank you for the reply!