Opinions on this horse please

Tia

Visit site
I really really like this horse. Seems a bit cheap? And is Marius still alive? I thought he was dead and had died well over 7 years ago
blush.gif

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Nice looking, but too cheap IMHO. Seems too good to be true.
by the way mine's still for sale, Ive not advertised him as I'd reather he went word of mouth. Don't have time for the usual time wasters, the ones who say they can ride etc

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
It cannot be too far from me that horse - why oh why do they have bandages on now in the confirmation shots - I personally hate that as want to see everything.
Looks like it will need quite a bit of work as its flatwork at top looks rushed and tense. I am also not that impressed with its front end think the neck looks quite short which shows up in the flat work also looks downhill despite having fairly high withers but that could be the photo.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Yes that was my first thought, why is it so cheap? She wants to do bits and pieces with it, she wants a young one that she can bring on, something on the side of her four hunters for a little fun.
Yes d&t, I had heard Duncan was for sale last time he hunted with us, I was tempted to mention it to her, but shes very much a lady hunter, and doesnt like anything remotely fizzy at all so Im not sure Dunc would suit her.

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
fizzy, my duncan? no. . . . Actually he's really settled down now, I hired him to an american numpty who can't ride for toffee. The chap had a fantastic day on him, infact he's thinking of buying him when he returns in December.
I've had some cracking days on him recently too so I'm not really that fussed whether he goes or not. But am soooo skint!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Lec the bandages were the first thing I noticed, I dont know why people feel the need to
crazy.gif
maybe they think that bays in white bandages are a selling point?
smirk.gif

siennamum

Visit site
I know of the woman selling this horse - as does DD. I went to look at horse she was advertising in the summer. I think she seems very genuine and tends not to over price her horses, I would take the ad at face value. She events fairly seriously so should be able to have a sensible conversation with you about the mare.

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Yes went to B&BM's newcomers day, it was great. He's only five. I've subscribed to YAS again so been out quite a lot with them too.
Should have been out today, missed a big jumping day! Am stuck at work!!! been here since 0600 and no sign of leaving yet!!

RunToEarth

Visit site
Just pondering on the fact that it says not novice ride. She is a very capable rider but doesnt want for silly horses anymore, so i may email her and query that.
I havnt been out with B&BM yet, was meant to go to their Frickley meet but coloured had over reached showjumping and I didnt want to risk it. You should come out with the rockwood, it is our lawn meet on 16th dec.

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
I'll have to see where our lot are that day, I'm tending to choose my days this season. PM me where exactly it is please so I can do an auto route. Oh and how much is the cap for visitors?

MillionDollar

Visit site
I think she looks lovely and its worth going to have a look.
I got my WB who has BD points, BSJA winnings for 2,500 simply because her owner wanted a good home, i know for a fact that she paid 12,000 for her 2 years earlier, so there are still bargains out there.
She may have put not a novice ride because she needs work and that you wouldn't want a novice rider on her. It doesn't mean shes completely barmy. I like the look of her, and you've got nothing to lose.
grin.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
As Siennamum said I know Helen also and she is straight def. worth speaking to on the phone, she's not a dealer. She's got a horse which she took from nowhere to advanced.

Weston Super Mare is a long way from you Rosie.

LEC - Helens surname used to be Tedstone if that rings any bells.

virtual

iamanicecube.myphotoalbum.com
I was talking to a dealer today who says that these days people won't even look at a horse unless it's priced at over 4k because they think something must be wrong with it - from this thread it sounds like she might be right!

I've just bought a lovely horse (schools well, hacks and starting to jump with conformation for showing) for a lot less than that and after 2 months we've found nothing wrong with her yet, so don't bypass a potential bargain!

RunToEarth

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Seeng as it doesnt 'buck, rear or try to unseat you' and is still 'not a novice ride' it is probably extremely strong on the verge of being a bolter. Certainly looks that shape.

[/ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
thought that was in back of my mind, from that top picture, sort of thing I see Oshk do alot, and he is a strong 'un.
[ QUOTE ]
Weston Super Mare is a long way from you Rosie

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I know that, we had a half way house in Bath but that has been sold so journeys down south are long uns now, but lady who passed the link on (the one who is referred to in post) lives considerably further south. x

dieseldog

Visit site
It will take you about the same amount of time to get to weston as bath if you are coming down the M5. I come from weston and I now live in Bath, so I've done the journey many times.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
And is Marius still alive? I thought he was dead and had died well over 7 years ago
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what I thought! Maybe they mean Marius Claudius?? Totally different horse - good one though!

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
I maybe wrong but I think Milton was by Marius not Marius Claudius

Milton

Height: 16.2hh
Colour: Grey
Breed: Dutch Warmblood
Rider(s): John Whitaker
Sire: Marius

Also Marius Claudius was not by Marco Polo who I belived sired Marius