Opinions on this please

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
Thank you for replies, i thought he was quite fat for a 3 year old, something to do with the amount of grass he's living on maybe!

Cant really see his pasterns or angle of them very well but could he be a bit long or too sloping i wonder?

Dizzydancer

Visit site
looks a nice sort, he does look well set on the chest, he reminds me of my boy a bit actually!! Agree cant see his pasterns well enough.
Looks lovely though, and i am jelous of all that grass!!

Spins

Visit site
seems like alot of money to me for what he is?? ie untouched.. Now he is very pretty :D but IMO in the current market you might get more for your money esp if your willing to travel to Ireland.. theres quite a few bargains to be had!

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Not a lot of money when you see Grand sire is the great Cruising! I think he looks a really good sort, love the colour and with Grey Macha as well in his line he will make a nice sport horse, if breeding has any say in it anyway! He has a lot of ID in his lines so he will be heavier. I love his face he has a sweet look, very scientific I know!

Personally I would not bother with him and leave him to me to buy :D

Hope it works out if you decide to buy him IMHO even though I think he is worth the money I bet there is a deal to be done, especially in Ireland at present.
FDC

Last edited:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You'll need to get some more up to date photo's - as these are not recent. Ask them for plain ones stood up on concrete so that you can have a good look at his legs.

Doesn't seem a lot of money, I agree.

Bethie

Visit site
Looks a little tied in at the knee perhaps, although pictures can be deceiving, but overall a nice sort and should do well at RC level.

Luci07

Visit site
Like him - a lot and not a fan of coloureds particularly but like his breeding. Think he could well end up being more of a HW hunter type though with that amount of ID in his lines - particularly if he is already 16.3 at 3.

Amaranta

Visit site
I like him lots and he is a bargain to boot!

I like the fact that he has a good chest - lots of heart room! Nice depth through the body too, would buy him in a heartbeat!

bensababy

Visit site
I really like him, think the price is a good deal consdiering the breeding. Think he is well put together and a nice stocky type - looks in good shape for a 3 year old.

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
Well, before you all start phoning, he's sold......... and arriving with us in the very near future!! Bought him through the Donedeal ad, only found the coloured contacts ad afterwards so he was at the right money.

Look out for more pics soon :D

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Well, before you all start phoning, he's sold......... and arriving with us in the very near future!! Bought him through the Donedeal ad, only found the coloured contacts ad afterwards so he was at the right money.

Look out for more pics soon :D

Fantastic, now all we need is lots and lots of pictures and updates on him. What will you call him?

FDC

Singing Dawg

Lang may yer lum reek
Visit site
Well he arrived this afternoon courtesy of Andrew Dunlops handsome young driver. Sweaty, hairy and as green as a cabbage but he moves beautifully and we're very very pleased!

The pics in his ad were last summer, he is actually four (in July) this year so will be able to do a bit more with him. Cant wait to get started!

JoBird

Visit site
You LUCKY bunny! He is fab and i am glad you bought him. We need an up to date photo when he has settled and at 4 you can really get cracking with him. I think you have a winner on your hands, he really is something special in my opinion.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Spins, do you think you could reduce your siggy so that it doesn't stretch the screen? It makes it so difficult to read threads - and slow. I reckon it's about a third longer than the recommended size of 700 x 200

Ta muchly