Opinions on this stallion

JANANI

Visit site
We used Perpendicular (see link below) for last year foal. She is a nice foal and other breeders have commented on how good she is. I don't know if I should go back to Perpendicular for a full sibling or try something different. This will be my second and final foal from this mare as it will be my second horse.
web page

What would you do and what are your opinions on him?

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
He's not really my cup of tea. But if you were happy with the results from last years foal - why not use him again??

Fairynuff

Visit site
Hes got me drooling! Lovely looking beast, I can even forgive his slightly 'over at the knee' just by looking at his neck, shoulder and bum
grin.gif
. I do like him
smile.gif

JANANI

Visit site
Re AmyMay and Magic 104. Why is he not your type? I am just interested being a complete novice at breeding and just breeding for my next horse? What do you look for in a stallion and What do you see as his faults?

Thanks

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
It is the mare I look at then the stallion that I think is going to improve on her. It also depends on what I want from the end result, for me it is a sane alrounder, so temperment on both sides is very important. I like the mare & stallion to have good limbs & good heart room. I also look for a good walk, over the trot.

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Honest opinion is I wouldn't use him.
Yes he's beautiful but he looks to have really tiny legs to carry that massive frame and not very good ones at that.
But if he suits your mare then perhaps use him again, I would want something with stronger looking legs for me!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
QR. As with HH - I don't like his legs. They are very 'spindly'. He's also over at the knee. He has a nice 'frame' - but the legs are week.

Jess.

New User
Visit site
I have a mare by this stallion and she has the most lovely temperment. Raced successfully for years and now used for jumping. I think he is a very good stallion and produces foals with lovely paces, temperments and jumping ability

JANANI

Visit site
This is an old post and the webpage is out of date. I don't know where you would get a picture of him.
My little girl is now broken and although she has a bit of attitude at times which means you have to be very strict with her she is comming on nicely.

friesian80

Visit site
Just looked back to OP- 2008! that will explain why! ;)

So did you decide to breed your mare to this stallion, if so can we see her now (I take it you got a filly)?

Also if you have any pics of the Sire Id love to see him too :)

JANANI

Visit site
Thanks Magic :). I must save that link.

We ended up using a different stallion for my mare. However I still have my original filly by perpendicular. If you do a search under unintended spotty you should see photos of her as a yearling, two year old and three year old. I will try to get a photo uploaded at four although it is not a good pic as it is the first day I sat on her :).

KarynK

Visit site
Yes please it would be really nice to see how she is coming along!!! How is her 1/2 sister doing?

JANANI

Visit site
Hi Karyn. My photobucket is not working so I have sent you a friend request on FB. There is a few pictures there of her.

JANANI

Visit site
Her 1/2 sister has some white spots and a measely nose. She is a wee darling however a nightmare to keep the weight down.

catriona89

New User
Visit site
Hi i know these posts are really old but i came across them when trying to find a picture of perpendicular .. does anyone know where i could get one ?
Also wondering how did your foal / foals turn out ?
I have a horse by perpendicular who is now 14 .. he was used for racing up until he was 7 but wasnt very good .. he is a lovely natured horse very well mannered and a beautiful mover ! but must have inherited his daddy's legs from the sound of things ! lol He can occasionally nap but apart from that .. quiet as a lamb !

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
Though this post is old the query about being over at the knee was not clear. Though it is a conformation fault it was not considered bad enough to stop some stallions from grading. Being back of the knee of calf knee is considered a more serious issue.

catriona89

New User
Visit site
Many thanks .. He's beautiful ! Looks quite like my horse although not the same head ! Are ther any videos of this horse trotting up ?
Does anyone here have any offspring from him with photos ? Id be really interested to see as im the only person i know with a horse from him x