Opinions on this "vintage" tweed for local level showing please?

JDH01

Visit site
I also bought this model for £10 and absolutely love it much better than the modern version and I have always wanted a 'hairy' tweed. Worn mine autumn hunting with a lot of +ve comments and feel great in it. I hunt a show cob and plan to wear it unaffiliated this season as I think if you feel good you look good!!

Wear with a toned down shirt, good tie and waistcoat (I wear with blue or green) and appropriately coloured breeches, put foxy buttons on but do not change this rather classic jacket.

Last edited:

Highflinger

Visit site
I have a very similar tweed jacket which I use for local showing ( I don't have anything else ) & wear a cream shirt & beige tie & have lwon lots of red ribbons so it certainly has never marked us down. I would not add a blue collar or buttons . it is lovely as it is & I beleive tweed is more correct if showing a native

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I think it looks lovely ! I'm no showing person, but I have a tweed hunting jacket that is at least 30 years old and a blue wool hunt jacket that's probably the same age , both look beautiful with the foxhead buttons and correctly tailored to fit . I have a brand new technical showjumping jacket hanging in the wardrobe, bought for competitons and never worn... retro all the way :D