opinions please..lister clippers

bellgave

Visit site
Does anyone have the lister neon clippers? (they could be called lister star depending on where you are in the world!!!)
My lovely but very old set has given up the ghost, so they need replacing. I am out in canada working and have found a good horsey shop, bonus as they are cheaper out here!!! Just wanted to know if anyone likes or dislikes them etc.
Thanks!!!

Rambo

Visit site
My YO has a set which I have used a few times. They are nice enough to use...quite light and compact too. I think they retail for around £280 over here
smile.gif

Abs

Visit site
I have just bought a set of lister liberty. I love them. Mainly because they work, and the last set of clippers I bought (last year) have never worked - they were Oster.

bellgave

Visit site
Thanks for your all your input!!! I will go and get them tomorrow!!! Hope I can fit them in my bag to come home, I have been going a bit OTT on xmas shopping out here!!!!

Gingernags

Visit site
I tensioned mine exactly as they had in the instructions the very first time I used them, and they overheated as I finished (and I don't take long!) and broke. I had to send them back to be fixed under warranty and I still find they get far too hot doing a single clip and stopping and re-oiling every 10-15 mins as they say.

The blades end up boiling!!!

I miss my stablemates...
frown.gif