Opinions Please

amandathepanda

Visit site
A bit pricey maybe for what it has done but it obviously has a huge jump and can go a lot further - people tend to add on whatever they fancy if they can say a horse has got 'potential'.

RedVendetta

Visit site
I don't think it's that overpriced - for a decent and consistent showjumper. Maybe its a £10k horse rather than £12500 but I know people who've bought horses who've done a lot less for around the £10k mark. If it's jumping N/C now and its only 8, ready to jump Fox, it must be good but Id want to see its print out!

little_flea

Visit site
It is only jumping 1.10 classes! And it is 8 years old! Not that that is bad - it is ok I guess, but not for that price! We are not given a reason why it hasn't done more for its age to justify the cost. I think it is really overpriced. It is not a youngster anymore and "potential" is a rather subjective term... I am sure it is a lovely horse though.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Really depends on how it's doing the job now and how it looks and rides. From the pics it looks to be handling everything very easily so if it just goes to the shows and is an uncomplicated ride with minimal prep that makes it a lot more valuable than a horse that's just scraping by or sometimes does but sometimes doesn't.

As to what it's done . . . dammed if you do, dammed if you don't! If a horse is young for it's level (whatever that means since not every horse and situation is the same) it's been started too early and worked too hard. If it's on the upper age for the level then it's not done enough and people go so far as to assume it's limited or there is some deep dark reason why it's not come on faster, other than people being careful/having limited funds etc.

If the horse has had a slower start (maybe even had a foal - her breeding is good) and is in it's second year BSJA that's not too bad a result. IF it's scopey, well produced and solid then it should move up a lot faster and more easily than a horse that's jumping big jumps on natural talent but has underlying holes in the system.

Doesn't seem insane if it's the genuine article although there's no way to know without more information.