Opinions please

vic07

Visit site
all (most) yearlings look foul! I have despaired of one of mine. Have been told you need to look at them as a 4 month foal to have an idea of what they will be!

meandmyself

Visit site
Looks a bit poor to me, even for a young un! I don't think it's the best photo THB either. Looks to have a decent shoulder, and nice front legs. Back legs look a bit weak, but could be built up with work.

I'd want to take a look in person before I decided.

Halfpass

Visit site
I thought that when looking at ads. Probably only saw 1/2 that were 'good looking' at that age and they were way out of my price range. However not having ever looked for a yearling i'm not sure if this seems good or not but it is what I am looking for so I thought I'd get opinions abd go and have little look.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Looks like its hit the ugly stage. Our yearling at work has just hit it too.
From what I can see it has nice big hocks and knees. And a nice shoulder.
Well worth a look.

Halfpass

Visit site
Thats exactly what I had planned to do. Don't think the photo does any justice. I just need to level headed person to accompany me now!!!!
tongue.gif

Halfpass

Visit site
What about the price though? Is that reasonable? and does anyone have any clues on the breeding side? Have emailed Brendon Stud but no reply as yet.

Irishcobs

Visit site
Well on BSJA website, theres a Leonardo ridden by James Billington that was 6th in Young Rider European Grand Prix at the Wales and the West.
But I can't find the dam.
Price is about right if both parents are grade As.

GTs

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Her neck looks set on upside down to me..

[/ QUOTE ]

A long mane adds to that illusion.

vic07

Visit site
have a pic of my ugly yearling and now a not so ugly 2 yo if it helps! The price is probably what it has cost to breed her and get her to a yearling. Very little profit if mine are any comparision!

burtie

Visit site
He does nothing for me even taking into consideration the age and the 'ugly' phase. I have seen a fair number of well bred warmbloods at that age and they still look put together right. He looks very poor and I don't like the set of his hind legs. He may grow out of it and turn into a swan but personally I wouldn't risk it!

of course it may be an terrible photo, so if he is local to your I suppose looking at him in the flesh wouldn't hurt.

KatB

Visit site
Sorry don't like it. Doesnt look like has a nice head, neck is set on badly for a dressage horse, and if they've been showing it, why is it not plaited?! Shows lack of pride IMO. Needs to have bit more condition on it to.

piaffe

Visit site
Im afriad i dont like it very much at all. I dont like its head and its neck is pitiful. however, it might just because its a babe and needs to sort out its frame more.