opinions please

Do you prefer...

• Total voters

pixiebee

Visit site
There is an indoor show on sunday. I am taking my pony but a kind friend has offered to jump him for me. This is because ive had bad experiences in the past and it has really knocked my confidence and with my pony unfortunaltley having no winter turnout-he could do with a day out as he loves it so much. Everyone is hassling me to enter him, i would love to but the very thaught of it sends me into a panick!! He has never been in a indoor school and i have not entered a jumping class for 6 yrs! I get tense inpatient and angry which i then pass onto my pony which im sure makes it less enjoyable for him. I thaught that maybe i could go and watch and see how i feel on the day and maybe enter if im up to it? but i know for a fact if i dont feel up to it i will get ridiculed by everyone-including my partner
frown.gif

celia

Visit site
If you don't feel confident enough to do this then I see no reason why you should feel you have to. There is no point putting yourself - and your pony - into a situation you're not happy with especially when it may well knock your confidence more. It sounds a great idea to have someone else ride your pony as you will get to see how he reacts in the indoor arena and if all goes well you'll feel much happier about giving it a go another time. If you do decide to ride him yourself - good luck! - but don't let other people push you into doing this unless you're completely happy with it. Hope you have a good day!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I would watch see how he goes with someone confident before throwing yourself into a situation that both of you aren't ready for yet. Give it some more time and practise and if I were you see how he goes with someone else. This lets you see what he can do too.
smile.gif
don't worry!
smile.gif

Chex

Visit site
I would just watch, but take your hat etc. If you're watching thinking " I really want to have a go", then go for it, but if you don't fanciy it, then don't bother. No stress either way.

Enfys

Visit site
Go and watch and let your friend take him in a class. You can always enter another time if you want to.
Riding our horses is MEANT to be fun, if it isn't then don't tie yourself in knots about it, and I'm sorry, but unless your OH is up for taking a horse around a course himself then whatever you do is your decision and yours alone.
Good Luck whatever you decide.

lizzie_liz

Visit site
whatever you don't do it because everybody else wants you to, you have to do whats comfortable, and if you are lacking confidence and he has little indoor experience, then let your friend take him in a class.
good luck with whatever you decide

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
If I were you I would go and watch. Then can you arrange to have a jumping lesson with an instructor in an indoor school ??? My girlie hasn't had much exp with indoor so I am trying to hire the local one for a lesson.

There's not much point in scaring yourself and denting your confidence even further. Riding is supposed to be fun !

People at your yard certainly don't seem very friendly if they would ridicule you for that !!!

Law

Visit site
I would go and be dressed to ride. have a look at the course (do a minimus/mini plus course if you want) watch some others first, warm up and see how you feel. If you are not up for it then pop over the practice fence a few times and let your friend take him in to the class for you. That way it gives you a chance to gain more confidence from him doing it with someone else.
Or if you feel up to it, ignore everyone else, make a goal for yourself and go for it.

Good luck whatever you do
smile.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
totally agree with what everyone has said - horse riding should be fun and it is no fun if you are not confident! just go along to the show anyway, take your hat and boots and see how you feel when you are there. even ride him round a little bit. i am always nervous before shows but i think if you ride around for a bit beforehand you calm down.
have fun and chill out!
cool.gif