opinions please...

iwtownsley

Visit site
well my horse got kicked last night in the field and has a swollen leg at top and a little warm at bottom. trotted him up this mroning and he wasnt badly lame just very unlevel and umcomfortable. put him on bute and ran a hose down his leg for half an hour 3 times today. before going homke i trotted up again and he was less uncomfortable and not as unlevel. i am riding my mums horse for rally tomorrow but i have a hunter trial on saturday. now i no you cant really tell from actually seeing the horse and how badly lame it is or not but i was wondering if you guys could give brief opinions if you think he should be ok to go to hunter trial on saturday.
thanks in advance
issy.

Spot1

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
brief opinions

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think he will be O.K. to go
frown.gif
But I'd love to be proved wrong on this one
smile.gif
Better safe than sorry.
The bute will obviously be masking the pain a bit, once he is off that and the heat/swelling has gone you will be able to have a better assessment. Is there any underlying bone involved? If you are not sure probably best to call your vet.

Spot1

Visit site
I have known muscle bruising from a kick to clear up within a few days. Hopefully he will show marked improvement in a day or two
smile.gif
So its a " Perhaps he will go" now
grin.gif

helenandshadow

Visit site
I know this isn't what you want to hear but I personally wouldn't take him unless he is 100% sound with no heat or swelling without bute for at least 2-3 days before the hunter trial, which is unlikely. If he isn't any better by the weekend by then I would probably get the vet out anyway.

Hope he's ok.
smile.gif

iwtownsley

Visit site
thanks for opinions i no its so hard to hear ive been looking forward for ages but then i again i dont wanna risk one hunter trial for 6 months or something off.