Opinions!!!!

happyhack

Visit site
I was grooming for my boss on sunday at an event (i wont say which one). she had just completed the dressage phase and after a 15 min warm up was walking the horse around before entering the SJ arena. I was stood next to a person who felt it necessary to make her opinions known about the horse, and rider-stating that she was RUDE for walking her horse around her competitors horse (who was stood in the way). She then commented that it was cruel when my boss gave the horse a couple of 'wake up we've got work to do' smacks!! And then went on to criticise the horses way of going and saying that she did no look comfortable over jumps. I of course stood up for my rider and the mare and was shaking furiously!! I was so angry. dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people having an opinion (i am quite opinionated myself) but when at event-take a look around before commenting!!

And for those of you wondering how we got on-unfortunately after scoring 33 in dressage she was eliminated after a knockdown and refusals-gutted. But she had an accident in a lesson in the week where she got a pole trapped between her legs and her confidence was knocked.

Does she look uncomfortable jumping to you?
936183742133_0_ALB.jpg

Tia

Visit site
Best just walking away from people like this. Ignore them and give them no satisfaction of a response.

Tempi

Visit site
you already posted this in comp forum...........

just ignore them, people will always say nasty things about other people, fact of life. You need to learn to rise above it and just got on with it.

Vicki1986

Visit site
My aunty does this at shows (she knows nothing about horses) but isnt very child friendly and slags off some of the little horrors you see in the showing world - loudly. its so embarassing and i HATE people that do it!! terrible habit. got nothing nice to say? keep it shut then!!
smile.gif

JACQSZOO

Visit site
In every walk of life, if you put yourself out there to be seen, you will be commented on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and everyone does it. The trick is to ignore the bad advice and take on board the good.

crazyfrog

www.sullivangatz.com
hi,
i agree that everyone is allowed to have their own opinion and maybe you would have been better to walk away,never the less no matter how a horse goes or looses his confidence i've never heard of giving a smack to a horse to get his attention to go to work,this would more likely wind up the horse or get him upset!!!!????