Visit site
on this mare

horse.jpg

mare.jpg

thanks
smile.gif

christine48

Visit site
Very weak at the moment. She is very short in the neck and lacks shoulder. Not sure about her feet and pasterns (could be the photo)

Apercrumbie

Visit site
Needs a LOT of schooling. She has very little muscle and no top line to speak of so working her properly will be hard for a few months. Other than that, it's quite hard to tell when they're fluffy and unmuscled. Sorry I can't be of any help
frown.gif

spacefaer

Visit site
How old is she? Looks to be rising 3 from her size and condition.

Nice face, big ears - looks to have a nice nature. Quite well let down. Big hocks - might be quite powerful behind in time
smile.gif

Small, weak, not a lot of front, not a lot of hindquarters. Pasterns look long and low but could be pics. Lacks bone.

TheMule

Visit site
Well- she's no oil painting!!
I don't like to judge a book by it's cover too much because I actually have a very similar sort of mare and she's an exceptional jumper.
How old is she and how is she bred?
I don't like her backside, it's not big enough and although it will strengthen, it's not naturally powerful enough for my taste. She'll struggle to work in a pleasing outline because her head is big and her neck is low set and naturally weak. She lacks depth and looks like she'll struggle to hold condition.

Actually, the similarity to my mare is uncanny in the 2nd pic- if she had a white sock I'd swear it was the same horse!

TheMule

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
shes four, but lacking condition due to previous owner's finances (also hence feet). just come back into work after being broken and turned away

[/ QUOTE ]

What is her breeding?

millitiger

Visit site
very weak indeed- if she was mine she would be in the field doing nothing for the next 6 months.

feet are horrendous which means i'd rather not comment on her limbs as i'm sure they make them look a lot worse.

has the 2nd picture been distorted somehow? her head doesn't look that big in the 1st picture?

Tempi

Visit site
Ive not read peoples responses so apologies if its been said, but she is extremely weak. I wouldnt want to be riding her, and i definately wouldnt want to buy her if shes rising 4....My 19month old looks stronger than she does
crazy.gif
She needs about 6months in a field with good grass and some form of feed every day. Then you need to start from the beginning with lunging/long reining so that she can build herself up properly.

Tempi

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
shes four, but lacking condition due to previous owner's finances (also hence feet). just come back into work after being broken and turned away

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen her passport, after having another look at those pictures i really dont think shes four years old..... I actually feel quite sorry for her, she should not be being ridden in the condition she is in
frown.gif
- Thats not meant to be nasty, just that shes so so weak its actually quite cruel
frown.gif

Thistle

Visit site
She looks very immature and is no where near mature enough to beging her ridden career.
ATM she doesn't look big enough for you.

Given a spring in the field and alot of low level work she may make a nice type.

She wouldn't be ready to do much this year though.

Kallibear

Visit site
Ditto Tempi - are you SURE she's 4yrs old? she looks like a 2yr old!

She looks like a potentially very nice little horse but like others I most certainly wouldn't be riding her at present until she's filled out. And whoever that is riding are at the moment is far too big for her to be carrying in such a state.

KingCharles

Visit site
She looks small for that breeding.. Either that or thats a very tall rider! How big is she?

I agree with pretty much with what has been said above, she looks an honest little mare, but she needs time to mature and her feet need balancing and sorting out, her toes are very long and that is putting a lot of strain on her young legs.

Giving her time to mature now will ensure she has a full life ahead of her. This mare needs time to mature!!