Organising a Sponsored Ride......

Parkranger

Visit site
I really want to organise a sponsored ride around the Banstead/Epsom area - couple of questions really. Would the local riding clubs get annoyed and has anyone organised one before?

I may be totally wrong but there don't seem to be many fun rides near us....a mock hunt was also another idea.

Anyone got any experience in this sort of thing?

OWLIE185

Visit site
I have organised a number of sponsored and endurance rides. One normally need to start organising them a year in advance as one needs to get landowners permission and get a full team of helpers. Also first aid, photographers and catering need to be booked well in advance. Make sure that the date you choose does not clash with any other local or major natonal equine events.

the watcher

Visit site
I have organised a number of fund raising rides, a fun ride is just as easy to do, they just pay to ride over land that would not normally be accessible..with optional jumps if possible. You need to consider advertising, entries, insurance, refreshments, photographer, rosettes, paramedics, stewards/marshalls, dry parking area, signs and road directions, maps

Start booking now for next summer otherwise some things will not be available for your chosen date
Good luck!