Other brands of mud mats? ( not grass mats)

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I have been reading about and investigating various brands of mud mats.
Mud Control seem to be the most mentioned but I found these.

https://www.ecodeck.biz/equideck-horse-equestrian-ground/

Has anyone used them? ( or similar)
Can they be lifted and re-used elsewhere?
Can they be laid on squelchy mud?

Hoping someone has information, recommendation or disapproval before I enquire

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I’ve not seen the ones you have linked to but Solway Recyclable in Dumfries make something called cowtrak for agricultural settings and might be worth a look as well so you have some comparisons. You lay it and fill with shingle or sand and I would imagine if a herd of cows is using it day in day out it should be robust enough for horses. £12.95 a meter so a bit more expensive. They take all farm plastic waste and make some excellent products. I have a chicken arc for my birds which is really robust and still looks like new after 7 years. They also make planters, garden furniture, decking, stock board animal shelters etc. Good company to deal with, prompt and delivery is fast.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
I’ve not seen the ones you have linked to but Solway Recyclable in Dumfries make something called cowtrak for agricultural settings and might be worth a look as well so you have some comparisons. You lay it and fill with shingle or sand and I would imagine if a herd of cows is using it day in day out it should be robust enough for horses. £12.95 a meter so a bit more expensive. They take all farm plastic waste and make some excellent products. I have a chicken arc for my birds which is really robust and still looks like new after 7 years. They also make planters, garden furniture, decking, stock board animal shelters etc. Good company to deal with, prompt and delivery is fast.

Thank you

NLPM

Visit site
I've heard some people on track groups discussing Jelka ground mats as an alternative to Mud Control. Those who have them seem to like them, but I haven't used them as the weight puts me off (although that wouldn't be a problem if you were looking for a permanent solution).

I've seen favourable posts about Equideck too but I don't think they are particularly mobile either, as they need topsoil scraping back and to be filled with something, otherwise the sides flex under the weight of horses' hooves. Most I've seen are topped with woodchip or sand as permanent turnout areas. They do apparently work brilliantly in that scenario. I'd really recommend Horse Track System on Facebook - lots of advice, photos and reviews there of hardcore advice/options/alternatives including non-permanent solutions.