Other name for Limpet Saddle Pads....

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
If my memory serves me correctly the company who originally designed Limpet Saddle Pads split into 2 and another name was created too?????

Tried the nonslip table thingy on the rolly polly horse today and no saddle slippage, so after a limpet.... would rather something a little padded for hunting!

Does anyone know what the other name is for them as nothing much on Ebay under Limpet?

Or can anyone else recommend something similar for a barrell x

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, wish I could remember the other name!

Those half pad ones you both showed me, do you just use that and nothing else then? so the saddle flaps are directly on the horse? xx wish they were cheaper!..how annoying when ppl borrow things and don't return them! grr xx

Kallibear

Visit site
Impak and Limpet pad are not the same. One's thicker foam and no edging, the other is much thinner and has a bound edge. Same material tho. Can't remember which is which i'm afraid, tho i've had both

LimpetSaddlePads

New User
Visit site
I just thought it a good idea to set the record straight.
The founder, Aline, of Limpet Saddle Pad in the UK died in May 2010. After that date the availability of stock fell to very low levels.
In June 2011 the business was relaunched by Brigitte Manning and there is now a full range of the black and the brown pads available.
Aline only ever worked on her own and the business definately did not split into 2.
The Impakt pad was a 'copy' which Aline, through the courts, managed to stop being manufactured.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with me.
Best regards,
Brigitte

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
If you want something "non-stick", I'm using a Griffin Nu-Med at the mo, which is fab.

Also on my little mare she has an "endurance" non-slip pad. I got mine from Performance Equestrian, but they're not the cheapest you can get on-line! Dave Wilson Equestrian have the same item, much cheaper!

Endurance people use them a lot as they soak up moisture from the horse's back plus they've got a backing on them which is supposed to massage the horse's back too, thus reducing pressure points.

They're fantastic, won't move an inch even if you're going up and down hills and stuff.

hairycob

Visit site
MiJodsR2BlinkinTite,

Is the endurance pad the Zilco Airflow. I need a 2nd saddle cloth. I've got a Barnsby grip pad, but both that & the Nuumed are more expensive & wondered about this one. I do pretty long hack & planning on more TREC this summer so I was looking at this one.

LissyBear

Visit site
MiJodsR2BlinkinTite,

Is the endurance pad the Zilco Airflow. I need a 2nd saddle cloth. I've got a Barnsby grip pad, but both that & the Nuumed are more expensive & wondered about this one. I do pretty long hack & planning on more TREC this summer so I was looking at this one.

The Zilco Airflow pad truly is a very good numnah. The underside is made of a non slip material and the unique design allows air to circulate between the saddle and the horses back. It retails at £42.95 and I promise you will not be disappointed! :)