otto is clipped without sedation and back question

spooks

Visit site
as the title says! got my friend down this evening to attempt to clip otto.. i said attempt as he chucks a wobbly if you go near him with scissors! he leapt like a scolded cat when the clippers were first turned on but after they were rubbed over his chest etc (turned off ) he was good as gold apart from a bit of fidgeting towards the end of it. he had a hunter clip but we didnt do his head as he is a bit headshy still and wouldnt let us. there was one point on his back just behind where the back of the saddle sits where he was very sensitive to the clippers and he has also before bronked when ash was getting on him and accidently touched him in that area to..she also tells me tonight he pulls faces when you put his saddle on and he falls out through his right shoulder when ridden, which we thought was his greeness, but hes fine on the other rein. worth giving the back man a call ? ive not had his back checked since we have had him. (6 months) his teeth have been done and his saddle was checked last week

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
If in doubt get him out!
tongue.gif
Better to have him out and there be nothing wrong than leaving it and risk him being in pain.

spooks

Visit site
oops ! figure of speech saying the back man! the guy i use is qualified and has a very good reputation. ive used him before and after looking at the horse he told me what she did and didnt do when she was ridden without me having to tell him. hes a huge bloke and made my 16.2 look small so gawd knows what otto will make of him ! lol