Ouch, I may have broken my toe

dwi

Visit site
Daisy trod on my big toe this evening and gave it a really good mashing before I could get her off. It hurts like ****. Would you go to casualty?

I suspect that I will have to sit there for six hours to be told "yes you have broken your toe but there is nothing that we can do, have some ibuprofen"

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
My mare jumped on my foot in March and flipping heck did it hurt
ooo.gif
She broke it in 3 places and it was my big toe. I left it quite a few hours (it was Mothers Day and I was cooking dinner for everyone!) before I went to casualty. They x-rayed it and strapped it up. If it heals back crooked then you can have problems in the future. Your better off getting it checked out. They also gave me crutches too as you are not meant to put weight on it for a couple of weeks. I think i lasted about 4 days with the crutches, they were a pain in the butt and blinking well hurt my arms! They gave my anti inflamatorys too.

You should get it checked out, you don't want a crooked toe. I was riding again within 3 weeks. As soon as I could get a boot on I was back on!! Good luck

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Probably best to go if you think it is broken. Didn't go when I bashed my finger as I thought it was just bruised and it healed bent
blush.gif
. Same with my hand - now have bony lump on back of it
blush.gif
. Sparks trod on my big toe and didn't go then either - don't think it was broken as healed fine (toe nail fell off though about 3 weeks later and has only just grown back)YUCK!!!!

spooks

Visit site
thats exactly what they will tell you! my horse trod on my little toe a couple of months ago, i went to casualty as it was completely black and swollen and they dont even xray them , nurse looked at mine and said yep that sure looks broken! said if it stopped hurting after 6 weeks then it was bruising but if it still hurts after 14 weeks then it was broken...mine still hurts so guess it was broken! just sit down and put your feet up,they did say to keep it elevated and dont strap it to the next one as apparently thats the worse thing you can do.HTH

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
they did say to keep it elevated and dont strap it to the next one as apparently thats the worse thing you can do.HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

It just shows how different different hospitals work. My hospital did xray my toe and they then stapped my big toe with sticky tape in a fish tail like shape then I had some wadding between my big toe and the next one and I had some light stapping to tape them together!!!