Ouch, that hurt!!!

buddylove

Visit site
And it's a good job no one was watching.... did a proper moron trick this morning and tripped on a stick or tree root as I was tipping up a wheelbarrow full of poo, and full on face planted the edge of the metal wheelbarrow, bashing my nose and cheek, and now I have a sore neck so suspect I have given myself slight whiplash as well!!
My 3 year old did pop over to see what all the fuss was about, the others were too busy eating.
I've seen FB videos of people doing similar before and always have a little chuckle, now I know how much it ruddy hurts I will be more compassionate in future, Karma has spoken!!!

Coblover63

Visit site
Ouchie! I hope you heal quickly.

I'm one of the saddo's that can't enjoy programmes like You've Been Framed. I have way too much empathy to laugh at people hurting themselves. I just wince and gasp!

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
OWWW! I wouldn’t normally recommend full face into a barrowload of horse poo but it’s way better than hitting the metal edge?. Hope you aren’t too bruised and don’t have whiplash.

sport horse

Visit site
I had the embarassment of tripping over the foot of a wing recently at a large showground in front of .... people. I got up, blacked out, came round and was very sick!! A later visit to A & E revealed a broken finger and ligament damage. Mortifyingly embarassing!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
sounds painful, if it is whiplash it could take quite a while to heal. i fell backwards a couple of months ago when a male swan rushed at me as his mate was sitting on eggs and think i have had whiplash as i googled and didnt go to the doc. its taken ages but i have been putting a heated wrap on the back of my neck and i have been moving carefully and trying to loosen the muscles and so far it has made it much better. bloomin swan, i know he was being protective but his mate was on the island in the middle of the pond and i was walking along the path not even close to the water, so it was completely unexpected...now the cygnets have been born he is less aggressive...

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
Well I forgot which horse I was riding as I went into canter in an open field this morning. He bucked with glee and I landed on my head.

What a prat.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Bruised head and ego!!

I have been so super cautious over the last months. Just wasn't thinking or riding very well. Keep forgetting that my centre of gravity has changed in the last 20 years as has my horse. ?

Sounds like you were, comparatively, lucky! Hope there's no lasting effects.

Completely get what you mean about the centre of gravity shifting...

Wheresthehoofpick

Visit site
I was preoccupied by this woman who had stopped us to stroke our horses. She was saying she had just been to Wales (we are in deepest rural Cornwall) looking round for wild ponies as she had bought them 20kg of carrots.

I was thinking about Covid, wild pony diets and super spreaders..... not cantering AT ALL!!

TheOldTrout

Completely Unknown Member
Visit site
My chiropractor once told me that the more serious the whiplash injury, the sooner pain after the accident sets in. It might be worth getting checked if you're still in pain tomorrow.
The accident sounds awful. Hope you're feeling better soon.