Ouch! The pony fell on me.

dafthoss

Visit site
The yellow pony fell on me this morning when we were out hacking. I dont quite know how it happened but he was looking at the parked lorry that we were walking past and then he seemed to either stop concentrating and go down or he went to spook properly but got it wrong and went down. My knee seems to have taken the most of it and is currently under a bag of sweetcorn, getting fat, as we have no ice pack and the pony seems to have got away relativly unscathed. Thankfully he had his xc boots on so his legs were protcted and the vets due to give him his vaccinations tomorrow so I'll get him looked at then.

Sorry pointless post but my knee, elbow and hip hurts :mad: giant buttons on offer if you got this far :)

Paddy Irish

Visit site
Ouch - poor you - i suppose it could have been worse , at least your boy isn't hurt , not that i'm being tight but at least the NHS is free whereas your vet needs paying! Hope you feel better soon - arnica gel is good for the bruises , along with a big bar of choccy for the pain!

Spudlet

Visit site
Good work on giving the pony a soft landing, very dedicated of you:D

Ibuprofen might not be a bad idea, to help reduce any inflammation, and keep it propped up and well iced up:)

redmone

Visit site
The yellow pony fell on me this morning when we were out hacking. I dont quite know how it happened but he was looking at the parked lorry that we were walking past and then he seemed to either stop concentrating and go down or he went to spook properly but got it wrong and went down. My knee seems to have taken the most of it and is currently under a bag of sweetcorn, getting fat, as we have no ice pack and the pony seems to have got away relativly unscathed. Thankfully he had his xc boots on so his legs were protcted and the vets due to give him his vaccinations tomorrow so I'll get him looked at then.

Sorry pointless post but my knee, elbow and hip hurts :mad: giant buttons on offer if you got this far :)

OOPs!!!

Hope the knee, elbow and hip feels better soon!!!

Have some of my galaxy bubbles :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
Good work on giving the pony a soft landing, very dedicated of you:D

This :D Only the speshul one could fall over because he was too busy looking at a parked lorry :cool: Bless his little cotton socks...

Hope the knee's not too badly damaged!

dafthoss

Visit site
HA yes I did give him a soft landing :rolleyes: unfortunatly for me the road wasnt as soft but at least I'm free to fix and hes not (I have rung the vets and they are going to check him over when they are out tomorrow even though he didnt even get a graze just a dirty shoulder). Thanks for all the virtual chocolate :D

JFTD - you still want him? I'll swap for any of yours if you want? ;)

Booboos

Visit site
Eeek! Poor you! I know exactly how you feel! Rusky slipped and fell sideways on a road years ago! He was fine but i had a painful ankle, knee, hip and knocked myself out!

Loads of hot baths and rest for you!

Jesstickle

Visit site
Well I've just offered JT J and D, so it would have to be Fergles :eek: I'm not sure he'd be an improvement on Speshul, tbh - his jumping would be a disappointment for sure :D

She can have D if she wants. She likes dun ponies and it would be more of a straight swap a dun for a dun. :)

Jesstickle

Visit site
Aww poor D, nobody wants him :( Probably why he keeps trying to run away :eek:

I do want him. Just thought dh might prefer to have him. I'd take any of yours if you were to meet an untimely end or just decided to get rid. Or all of them in fact, they're loverly :)

dafthoss

Visit site
Thanks for the well wishes every one I have managed to persuade the mothership that I dont need a doctor :D

JFTD - I'll have any of them there great little chaps. Fergs definatly has a better attitude than speshul :cool: and I like fergs so dont go making him feel unloved. JT can have J as she loves him and I could pretend I'm an amazing rider by having a rearing pony when we go out cos having a naughty pony makes you brilliant right?
Poor D has heard that his fantasy boyfriend has moved away so is coming to find his true love. I would have him though then I could have a collection of dun ponies and he would never run away as he is to obsessed by the spesh one :D.