Ouch!

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Went to cross country today on my boy and having a great time. He was a star and the weather held out for us, which made it even better.

Then went back to the car park and whilst waiting to move to an area where I could dismount, I wasn't paying that much attention (checking my phone) and two horses turned their bums on each other, one kicked out. I happened to be in the way and got kicked in the thigh. Luckily horse was unshod on his back feet.

I now have a very thick hoof shaped bruise of a reminder for not paying attention. Ouch :(

Pointless post really, first time ever in over 20 years of having horses I've been kicked. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Will post a photo tomorrow once it goes all dark purple - it's only red and a light purple at the moment. Will be a corker in the morning!

Good job it's not the bikini weather (not that I get my legs out often anyway...) :)

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Photo?! I love a good bruise......!

Actually, it looks quite impressive already....

image_zpsb15chjn0.jpg
[/URL]

Equi

Visit site
Love a good bruise! If I have an injury and don't bruise I get thoroughly upset. Hope your not in too much pain lol

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
Very similar happened to my husband a couple of weeks ago, two horses banging together, went into his horse, he was relaxed on a loose rein, came out the back door, got hung up, dragged in canter AND kicked on the coccyx and shins... Still can't sit down properly. I hope you have a spectacular bruise and very little pain!