Ouch!

icestationzebra

Visit site
Have fractured my collarbone after coming off a youngster in the field on Friday. Very very painful. Has anyone else done this? How long were you out of action? Am frustrated already!
Wasn't even my horse I was doing someone a favour!
Fed up
crazy.gif

marmite

Visit site
Poor you i feel bad for you it always happens when you are helping somebody out and never on your own ned.
Ive never had an injury like that can only imagine how much it hurts.
Hope you get better soon and back int he saddle.

allijudd

Visit site
soemthing similar to that happened to one of my liveries...she was riding another liveries horse when it bucked she fell off and broke her arm......

Boodle

Visit site
*cringes*

Urr... my old RI came off her horse doing xc (Wasnt wearing a bp) and her collarbone came thruogh her skin.
Ever since collarbones have given me the creeps.

Not sure how long she was off for.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Can take anything from a few days to a month. If its your first time its best to rest for the longest you can, otherwise you will make it weak and do it again and again. Thats what the jockeys do, first time about 3 weeks, by the time theyre on the 4th/5th time theyre back race riding in a week.

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
I snapped mine clean in half, and it took about 3-4 weeks to heal. It has left me with a huge bump on it where the bones didn't quite meet up again. It hurts like duck for the first few days but within a week it will settle and just ache.