OUR BARN WAS SET ON FIRE

tabithakat64

Visit site
Some kids set our barn on fire last night, we've lost all our winter hay and straw and our show jumps as well as the actual barn itself, really annoyed but at least the horses are ok. You just got to love Guy Fawkes night
mad.gif

airedale

Visit site
Having been thru an arson where horses including mine were killed I'm so glad it wasn't the horses as well

The hard thing now is that you will need to apply for PP to rebuild even the identical thing to what you had before. So it is not just build a replacement but apply for planning permission with no guarantee you will get it (depending on how bloody minded your planning dept. are).

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
That's really terrible - people make me sick - why don't they go and ruin something they have spent their hard earned money on! I think we know the answer to that.

I'm so sorry - I hope you get things sorted out and I am glad the horses are ok!

Accy

Visit site
At least no lives were lost, little ar**holes for setting it alight, hope you are covered on insurance.

Random distruction of people things really makes me so mad

tabithakat64

Visit site
Thistle, we're in Hertford. Hopefully, the YO is covered by insurance (not that our hay etc will be replaced), didn't realise about the planning permission thing
frown.gif
. The police were unhelpful as usual....

jennystreek

Visit site
Same thing happened to us in september - i live a few miles away from the farm, yet was woken up at 4.30am because of the loud explosions. All farmers hay (which he had just collected) went up (about 3000 bales), plus all of tractors and machinery. Horses were about 20ft from the barn, so had to evacuate them in my dressing gown (managed to flash the firemen
blush.gif
) )

Hope it gets sorted, and they catch who did it. Havent caught who did ours
frown.gif

mrgoop

Visit site
Thats terrible, so glad your horses were safe. mindless little bleeders, i hope they catch them, put a rocket up their @rse and send them into space!!!