Our BD debut!

Jango

Visit site
So after all the helpful advice on my thread the other day we toddled off to Cockshot today for our very first affiliated dressage. Today was a really really big deal for me as I've never done affiliated anything and neither has my horse, so although it doesn't seem like much to lots of you, just feeling ready to try meant LOADS to me :).

After I worked out how to get the handbrake off the rented box (!!), we got there in good time, parked up and got ready at a leisurely pace! I didn't forget anything (which is a minor miracle) and Jango was his usual nosey but chilled out self! I asked about a caller and Nikki who runs the event said she would do it for a £1 donation to charity which was a huge relief. Jango warmed up well and we went in and did P19, he was a little looky at first, but luckily I had a few minutes before the bell to get him concentrating, so we did an accurate and obedient test and I was really pleased. Had an hour between classes so Jango had some haylege and tried to steal my friends teas!! Went to get the results and we got 63.64% and came 6th (out of 10) Cue big smiles, our first ever pink rosette and lots of carrots for my super pony!

Onto the Novice, he didn't start the warm up as soft as the prelim, so I think I worked harder to get him bending (he is naturally very straight which is a blessing and curse) and listening. Into the test generally I was pleased, but felt it could have been a little better in places, I was really pleased with our Medium Canters and we only had one small mistake of trotting early after the FWLR. So a long wait for results while we had delicious fairy cakes (which Jango shared!) my friends went to check the results and came back asking what COL means, I explained about collectives and they made me go and look without telling me the score, meanies!! Well we scored 64.81%!!! along with 2 others in my class (Restricted Novice) but I was one mark below them in the collectives so I came 4th, but my friends and family who dont really 'get' dressage are still convinced it's joint 2nd :)

Video of the Novice here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzDwXfzUgB0
Constructive criticism welcome, I can't wait for my lesson on friday to show my instructor and improve :)

So all in all a totally brilliant day and my mum is going to pay for us to affiliate 1st Dec! I'm so proud of my beautiful horse, with his amazing attitude which has enabled us to come so far in a year. For comparison this was a Prelim test last August, which at the time I was really pleased with, when he still wouldn't canter on the right lead at all - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...0253565152115&set=vb.507712114&type=3&theater

So thanks for reading, and hopefully I'll be able to meet some HHOs out and about dressaging in the next few months! (by the way if anyone in south manchester/north cheshire wants to BD with a small horse/pony please message me about sharing box hire!)

lar

Visit site
Well done - that's fantastic results for first go at BD!

Re box share - it's a pity you weren't around when I was over there and competing as we'd have fitted the bill perfectly. My boy even looks a lot like yours - right down to the same blaze and the same white socks!

Jango

Visit site
Thank you guys! and lar that's so annoying your not around here still, Jango would have loved a twin to go out and about with!

Jango

Visit site
Oooh how did you get on supanova? And where are you heading next?

Britestar - can I get the points added on when I actually join BD? I did the class on a ticket!

Supanova

Visit site
Oooh how did you get on supanova? And where are you heading next?

Britestar - can I get the points added on when I actually join BD? I did the class on a ticket!

I came 3rd in the prelim with 65% and 6th in the novice with 63% so I was pleased, particularly as she was spooking at the flower pots!

I am going to South View this Wednesday now! How about you?

Jango

Visit site
I came 3rd in the prelim with 65% and 6th in the novice with 63% so I was pleased, particularly as she was spooking at the flower pots!

I am going to South View this Wednesday now! How about you?

Hopefully Bold on Dec 9th, just need to get transport sorted before I enter! What's Southview like? Are the weekday shows on in the evening or during the daytime?

AbFab

Visit site
Well done! I know how nerve-wracking it is to do your first BD test :) You'll know P15 and P19 off by heart in no time at all if your area's schedules are anything like mine!

Andiamo

Visit site
Nice test, nice horse, lovely and forward going, nice rider, great job!

Congrats on a great debut, well done to both of you.