Our final foal of the year has landed safely

bettens

Last night the long awaited birth of our third foal this year happened.

We welcomed our first home bred purebred Spanish filly into the world at a very sociable 2315.

190806004.jpg

It was quite a strenuous birth and Paul had to assist Pilastra pulling out a huge filly who we have named Bienandante (meaning happy). She is a huge strong filly and mum is recovering well - a bit shocked but health and a super first time mum.

Here they are enjoying the afternoon sun today 12 hrs after birth

200806027.jpg

200806019.jpg

Time for a rest
200806041.jpg

and discovering rolling
200806033.jpg

200806055.jpg

Then a good chillout
200806049.jpg

200806043.jpg

then a snooze
200806047.jpg

and then the tricky task of getting up again!!
200806037.jpg

Mum and babe are super together
200806034.jpg

and here is handsome dad Mendiondo
m3.jpg

She looks to be a tall girl and combines top lines Pilastra (dam) being 3/4 sister to USA Olympic qualifier Gaucho III and also a cousin to Spains Invasor, and from sire Mendiondo superb Albero II lines via Oficial XXIX who is currently going for Elite status stallion. So we are fingers crossed for a fab dressage prospect in a few years.

Rach

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Smashing big strong foal, I can see why you are thrilled with her.
With any luck we should get a lovely indian summer and she can enjoy September sun. Our last one is late even for us this year, we had planned to give her a year off then I look out of the window to see Oh and daughter taking her to the stallion!
She can have next year off or this if she isn't in foal..
keep the pics coming, how have the newbies settled in?

bettens

Hi All

thanks for the lovely comments, we think she is a corker.

HH
We thought she was big when she came out - vet didn't think so but seeing her next to mum who is just about 15.2hh I think she is a good size and still has a bit to come up on the fetlocks yet.

The new lads are just fine. Faldero my new stallion is very easy, I have been riding him bareback which is pretty cool for a 3 year old stallion I think. Finolis who we imported for a client is now minus his most precious items(!!) ready for his trip home to Norway, but has also settled in and is proving to be a lovely young horse. Ritmica the mare has taken both Paul and I by storm, she is the most sensitive creature and we are going slowly with her so she has time to adjust - she came away from a baby and has found it hardest out of the three.

Rach