Our first ODE!!!

KatB

Visit site
We survived!! The lanky one was very well behaved, did a lovely stressage teat, only messed up by me COMPLETELY forgetting about two transitions to walk, and forgetting my way...
blush.gif
But still got a very respectable 38.5.

Then Sj, was fab, had one stop, again my fault but very pleased and bit improvement on last weeks sj first round
grin.gif
grin.gif

Then went XC, a few things he hadnt seem before, but he was fab!! Went clear very very pleased with him!!!
smile.gif

Sorry, very self indulgent but SOOO chuffed, and kind of relieved his first one is out the way....
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
Thank you hon, very chuffed with him, roll on next year!!
smile.gif
Hows Moon? Whens her next outing??

Thank you Ginn, hows your girly?? New horse looks lovely!

Ginn

Visit site
New neddie is a sweety - very, very green so a bit of a project for the winter for me
smile.gif
Trouble is fine - happily spending 23 1/2 hours a day eating!

KatB

Visit site
Thank you everyone!! Still mega chuffed, and hes having a day off scoffing today!!

MrsT thank you for the offer of refuge yesterday.... was much appreciated and lovely to meet you!!
smile.gif

KatB

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, no, but OH could be conned (sorry persuaded).

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol!!! Well doing Rufford PC ODE on saturday at Newton, will prob just do Dressage and SJ, hes shown he has got the idea about XC, so dont want to over do it! Though will see what XC is like, may just school round. Week after possible XC, either at eland lodge, or newton, just baby run for "fun", then Vale view sj 2 weeks after that, then 3wks off me thinks!! We will see, don't want to sour him, or take advantage of his temp!! But just want these few weeks to get going, then see how it goes!!
Planning Intro campaign for next year....
smile.gif

Where are you next? Be lovely to see you about.

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
Havent decided, really need to put some work into the youngster, he was given the all clear today. Possibly going to try and get a late entry at Keysoe for their unaffiliated ODE on 7th, if not then probably Eland on the 8th.

Then I think it will be Trailblazers for us through the winter at both Hargate and Vale View, probably with a bit of unaffiliated sj at Weston Lawns for the youngster as they start really low and he has only been out jumping once!

Really need to take him xc schooling as he has yet to meet water and ditches. If the ground stays good most of the courses will stay open so should not be a problem.

If I dont go to Eland have said I will groom for ISZ if she goes, so no doubt will see you there anyway.

KatB

Visit site
Excellent news about your youngster, what was up with him?

Yep hopefully see you at some trailblazers too, Going to get going round Xmas me thinks, may aim for a few JAS's at arena if they get going again!

What you aiming to do with baby? Never been to Weston Lawns... where exactly is it?? Aiming to sort some transport out one way or another next year, G not overly impressed with driver of trailers driving, and I can FINALLY get insured on 3.5t next year, so keeping eyes open...
smile.gif

sillygillyhorse

Visit site
The youngster had dropped his pelvis slightly, fortunately I spotted quickly, he has had a couple of weeks off whilst waiting for the chiro, amazing just how much muscle he has lost though!

Weston Lawns is at Bedworth (over towards Coventry) have a look at their web www.westonlawnsequitation.com I think they are going to do some JAS type classes this winter, it is all outdoors but the surfaces are top class. Vale View are also going to run this type of class, you will sj in the indoor, go straight out the side door into the big outdoor and do the xc bit which sounds excellent and with plenty of space.

Hopefully youngster will event, if not he will do dressage ahd sj, he makes a nice shape over a fence and at his first xc clinic instructor thought he looked the part.

KatB

Visit site
Excellent, certainly sounds promising!! Will see what can do, think G brat will be getting out as much as poss on new ponio, so least can tag a lift!! Unless they go all pro on me, and have him with multiple rides...
mad.gif
wink.gif