Our first walk out!

Louby

Visit site
Went to the stables early this morning to walk him out before all the horses were turned out as I thought it would be quieter. (The field is in view of the stables) He was so good the night before when he walked across to the xray room I didnt think I'd have a problem but put his bridle on just incase and walked up the stable block and thought we'd walk round the school as its soft and enclosed. What a mistake, cant believe how stupid I was. He was fine at first, then he grew to about 17.2 and exploded, rodeoing on the spot. I held on to him and my friend came across and got the other side of him and we all half passed back to his stable. All I could think was oh god his leg, apparantly thats all I was saying too.
He seems to be fine thankfully but I wont be going in there again. I was hoping I could take him to pick at some grass but I cant risk it now.
Took him again tonight, gotta admit I was scared, not of him but for his leg but we stook to the concrete and walked up and down the stable block, he was much better. If he is full of it tomorrow I will have a word with the vet as Leahurst said to give him ACP if needed. Leahurst said walking him will help his fracture heal due to the increased blood supply.
Roll on tomorrow morning Eeek

Jemayni

Visit site
Oh god! Sounds like someone else is feeling festive! I had this with my horse today; he has only been in for 49 hours, after having a joint medicated, but he was in all summer and now seems to have a psychological block when it comes to being stabled! My worry was the ice - not good! Took him out again this afternoon in a chifney, funnily enough he was as good as gold! Would recommend it, unless you have major moral issues with them!

Louby

Visit site
No probs with a chifney, not used one before though. He isnt strong though, looks lovely and on the bit, took me ages to master this ridden and now hes doing it on his own in hand!!
Ive never used ACP before either, do you need to leave them without feed afterwards like sedation?