Our futurity result

not_with_it

Visit site
All in all we had a fab day even if we didnt get the results we wanted.

On Monday things werent looking too bright. Dixie refused to go into the horsebox so after an hour of not even putting a foot on the ramp, rearing and running off I phoned my vet who very kindly gave me some sedalin. So half a tube of sedalin and 20 minutes later Dix finally decided that it wasnt so scary and loaded. We went for a little drive around the block and she didnt move once.

The following day I was up super early just incase she wouldnt load. She went in after 5 minutes so we ended up setting off early and arriving in plenty of time.
We unloaded and let her have a mooch around. She was so chilled I was shocked. I was expecting to be draggd around.

Off we went for the vet and apart from not wanting to stand still she was a star. Vet said she was swinging one of her right hinds slightly but apart from that everything was OK.

There was a really long delay then for our evaluation. So there was lots of waiting around.We eventually went in and began walking aroud. Dix wasnt bothered by anything and again behaved impecably. We walked and trotted the triangle then I let her loose. She went off in an enormous extended trot across the school, I was so disappointed that I was stood behind her and not at the side to get a good view. She did some amazing trot and a little bit of canter on each rein. I caught her again and listened to the comments. The evaluators said that she was a litle short in the croup and needed to show more engagement which to be fair I can see from the pictures. But she is only 16 months and slightly croup high and I love her to bits.
So we ended up with 7.77, a high second premium. TBF everyone I watched got a high second premium.:D

I saw the lovely Rocky? (sorry if I got that wrong) but unfortunately I didnt get to see much as he was in before me.:( Holly, sorry I didnt come and say hi, I got really confused as to which one was you after overhearing a conversation. Were you the one with the pushchair?

Pictures here, no 22 Benevita
http://www.kevinsparrow.co.uk/RFUT11_RICHMOND_FUTU.aspx

NELSON11

Visit site
Well done. I am at solihull tomorrow with a dressage yearling by Monte Carlo. Let's hope he loads ok :) I also agree not my favourite taking the yearlings.

I remember a couple of years ago the 2 year old wouldn't load and we ended up being 2 hours late but they allowed him to slot in when the 3 yo's were in. Thanks to Jan at BEF.

Let's hope for a good day all round tomorrow.

Smee

Visit site
Well done! A great result and experience. (I always think of the scores as a dressage test & I know I would be over the moon with a 78% test!!)

I was there with mare & foal, but unfortunately didn't catch any of the yearlings as we had to get off. Altho I did see some super horses in the car park & at the vetting 'station'.

I think it's a great experience for them (& us). I agree with Maesfen with regard to the yearling stage. I have one that I soooo wish I had booked in now, but when the entries opened (and up until this last week or so), he was so gawky & looked like he had seriously been beaten by the 'ugly stick' several times ;)

not_with_it

Visit site
Thanks everyone.

It was such a relief that she was well behaved as I really was expecting to come back with at least one body part in plaster.

I just need to keep telling myself that we went for the experience. Looking at the pictures I can see where the evaluators were coming from, she does need more strength behind but she is slightly croup high and it will come with time. All the yearlings got roughly the same score so we were all in the same boat. We will definately go again as everything was so chilled out.

Smee we were mooching round the car park for ages so I bet you will have seen us.:D

Nelson, good luck for tomorrow.:)

competitiondiva

Visit site
lol! Well she looks better than my boy did as a yearling, I wouldn't have dared take him out anywhere that year!! He scored a first premium as a foal, and now at 2 he's looking lush, see my thread 'my foal turned into a handsome prince!' But at the yearling stage his neck was too long, his bum was too high, and he had what looked like a worm belly (though wasn't I can assure you!) Am so glad for you that you had a lovely day. After all that's what it's all about! Funny actually I was umming and ahhing about doing the futurity again this year just to see if they still say the same things about him or not! I might do it next year, though as we scored so well as a foal I really don't want to tempt fate! The pics are lovely, there's quite a few good ones for you to chose from, well done and a lovely horse.

not_with_it

Visit site
Thanks Competitiondiva.

I think everyone who took the yearlings all had the same result. They are all a little too weak from growing to show the power from behind that the evaluators wanted to see. IMO she looks really well for a yearling and hasnt really gone through the ugly gangly stage. There are some fab photos that I'm really pleased with.
If she is still in proportion then we will go again next year to try and improve, if not I will wait until she is 3.