Our new dog "Jack"

Michelle73

Visit site

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Lovely dog. Collie x Kelpie is a cracking working combination, what are you planning on doing with him, bet he'd be great at agility when he is old enough.

Michelle73

Visit site
We're planning, or should I say OH is planning on doing Agility and maybe Fly Ball. Jack has his first Obedience Lesson with OH tomorrow night. He's so well behaved its increadible after owning a Dalmatian!!!!! My only complaint is that he pulls on the lead on the way out on the walk but is much more settled on the way home. I know that will sort its self out with the obedience classes.

Thistle

Visit site
He is lovely.

My brother had one as a rescue but also ended up having to rehome it as she just constantly tried to round the kids, cats, duck, chickens etc up. despite being given plenty of exercise.

bailey14

Visit site
Lovely looking dog congratulations on your new aquisition! He looks like he's settled in well to the family but I have to say he looks very nervous around the horse (check his tail between his legs and his ducking down and eyes). I'm sure he will get used to it eventually, may just take a while. I am sure you are the type of people that will have the patience and dedication to see it through. I got my dog from the dogs home in birmingham as an 8 week old pup and I would never consider buying a dog from anyone other than a rescue home.

Michelle73

Visit site
Jack's not that fussed about Ella now, he's met her at least 12 times in the 5 days that he's been with us. He just gives her a wide berth when she makes a move towards him and we keep him focused on "Fetch"!!! Or he chases the wheelbarrow biting the wheel as I go!!! He did come and check on me in a panic yesterday! I was putting Ella's light weight on and he lost sight of me when I was doing the rear leg straps. He herded around in a circle but looking intently for me. As soon as he spotted me and I saw the look on his face I let him know everything was fine!
smile.gif

He'd never met a horse until he came to live with us and we'll continue doing whatever it takes until he's fully happy to be around Ella.
grin.gif

Michelle73

Visit site
Thanks MarleyandDarcey. Its been so great having him around. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo glad that the Charity let us have him
wink.gif

He lay asleep with me last night whilst I cleaned my tack, he was a little in the way but I couldn't ask him to move as he was so content beside me!

Then took him for a walk at 5am and he was bright as a button. He's currently asleep at home with Daddy who's just finished a night shift!

He's suddenly getting on better with Ella too. Ella and I were playing chase last night, I chased her then she chased me with the wind up her tail!!!! Jack watched this fun then joined in but he clearly understood my "Back Off" instructions when he was a little too close for comfort. Then this morning whilst I was filling Ella's treat ball he just lay next to where she was standing and watching me. His ears were pricked and much more bold body language. Its quite funny watching them together. I think Ella's conceded that he's here for good and Mummy loves him too!!!!! LOL!!!