Our Opening meet cut short by Sabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springs

Visit site
Well we got to the first meet, Jaz doing her best to dump me at the first fence and then charging around if she were a 6 yo and pulling like the flying scotsman, But I can excuse her as shes 17 and I haven't taken her out for a few years!

After about 1 hour I had just started to get her going ok wilth some level of control the day was cut short. Someone turned up with a live fox in a box with some other friends with cameras etc! the Master called the day off as it had become evident that the sabs were going to let the fox free by the hounds and film the after events!

What some lengths people go to!

I had just started to get her under control as wall. Bugger

Simsar

Visit site
The scum should get reported for that, they are just unbelievable. Such a shame for you Springs. How's the boy??

Paddydou

Visit site
Obviously huge animal lovers were`nt they? Quite prepared to sacrifice a fox for some good footage and a court case.:mad:

My thoughts exactly. These people claim that they are doing good yet they are prepared to do this sort of thing. Was probably a city fox as well that would have been frightened half to death by the lack of roads and buildings.

Evil. Thats what Sabs are - evil.

levantosh

www.levantosportshorses.co.uk
Why did your huntsman or secretary not call the athorities (maybe they did but no mention in your post)? Catching a wild animal and having it in your possesion with the INTENT of causing UN-NESSISARY suffering to the poor charlie fox is a criminal offence, it's times like these that us hunters need to use are heads. These people could have been arrested an charge with this offence, if someone saw the fox in a box.

My other comments about sabs cannot be printed, its such a shame that the sport we all enjoy is being ruined. Poor you good luck for next time.

Hollyberry

Visit site
Unfortunately there are total prats in all walks of life and these are not animal lovers or even anti hunt protestors, they are idiots out for a bit of trouble and obviously think they are so clever! This is what makes most situations a nightmare, people who just join in for the trouble that they can cause, nothing to do with hunting, more to do with their warped sense of what's a good idea.

muddy boots

Visit site
Proves to me that it's more about jelousy and inaccurate views of "class" involved in hunting than animal welfare.

Idiots! (Thats the censored word I'm using)

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
Heard something about this today but heard that huntsman was sent home by master. Must be the same pack because both in Shrops. I hope this gets some terrible press - certainly deserves to. Which Shrops pack was this?

xwp

Visit site
Thats disgusting, as someone else has said how can they call themselves animal lovers!?!

Ive always thought the same since i saw some Anti's carrying round a stuffed fox at one boxing day meet i went to...

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
The very same thing happened here a few seasons back; it was right next to a major trunk road - one minute hounds were quiet and just mooching around, the next minute all hell was let loose and someone shouted they'd seen the sabs with a live fox in a cage running around and saying they were gonna let it loose.

I can't understand the mentality of these people; isn't it cruel in the extreme to (a) put a fox in a cage in the first place, and (2) take it to where there are going to be prey creatures such as hounds. I really struggle to see how these people describe themselves as saviours of animals. To me, that's downright cruel.

Luckily on this occasion hounds were able to be controlled (just!) and disaster was averted - but if this had got out of hand there might have been an awful accident; hounds running across four lanes of busy traffic, doesn't bear thinking about.

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Clearly there was a deceit being perpetrated.

In my opinion, it is important to guard one's identity and location, because there is a real risk that those who carry out such dishonest acts, are quite capable of turning their attentions and unsavoury actions against those they can identify.

Possibly by tracking them down via this forum.

I believe such dishonest acts will escalate in order to discredit all of us who are of kindred spirit where hunting is concerned.

A strong sense of esprit de corps, vigilance and coded secrecy is vital at all times. :cool:

Judgemental

Visit site
i get the gist but whos sabs???

totally wrong... ive nothing against hunting, but threatening to let a fox out like that? cruel.

‘Sabs’ is the colloquial or shortened term used by hunting folk for Hunt Saboteur. Those who actually disrupt hunts or perpetrate foul acts against hunts, hounds and horses.

There are also ‘Antis’, they are Anti Hunt protagonists but generally are less violent.

Fundamentally they are both scum, the dregs of humanity and thoroughly unpleasant individuals. Often they are high on drugs in order to have the 'bottle' to carry out their evil deeds.

Hunt Saboteurs are in many instances dressed in military style camouflage jackets, trousers and wear black balaclava terrorist style headgear in order to intimidate and conceal their identity. They are normally carrying some type of weapon.

Hat Pins are a favoured weapon of choice for sticking in horses when they are in close proximity.

I was nearly killed in such a confrontation.

Last edited:

rubysmum

Visit site
Fundamentally they are both scum, the dregs of humanity and thoroughly unpleasant individuals. Often they are high on drugs in order to have the 'bottle' to carry out their evil deeds.

sorry - not quite sure how to do a quote thingy

i have No personal take on hunting whatsover - But surely this statement borders on the libellous - my 2 delghtful Quaker colleagues who have protested against hunting for many yrs would be quite distraught to be described in such a way

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
‘Sabs’ is the colloquial or shortened term used by hunting folk for Hunt Saboteur. Those who actually disrupt hunts or perpetrate foul acts against hunts, hounds and horses.

There are also ‘Antis’, they are Anti Hunt protagonists but generally are less violent.

Hunt Saboteurs are in many instances dressed in military style camouflage jackets, trousers and wear black balaclava terrorist style headgear in order to intimidate and conceal their identity. They are normally carrying some type of weapon.

Hat Pins are a favoured weapon of choice for sticking in horses when they are in close proximity.

I was nearly killed in such a confrontation.

Gosh, thank you for that information. You are clearly very knowledgeableabout such matters, as you speak with such authority. Now I know to beware of drug crazed 'sabs' brandishing hat pins.

BTW, how old are you ?

x1xpixiex1x

Visit site
Judgemental is a very respected member of the forum and is a knowledgable poster. Usually found within the hunting forum.

O dear i feel an argument coming on.

I can understand why Sabs do not like to be cateogorized but if how described is how they are know then what do you expect. Sabs call themselves animal rights etc etc. How can you take a fox into that situation?! defeats the object and you are putting the fox in more danger and suffering than if they were hunted. O and as for the hat pins, stabbing a horse with one is also cruelty, idiots!!

I dont understand them honestly! And after what i have read today, now think they are pretty pathetic to do such a thing! This has made me pretty angry!

Judgemental

Visit site
Just to remind those who have heard me on this point before and for those of a youthful disposition -

In July 1934, Adolf Hitler's 'government' banned hunting.

Indeed the ban was comprehensive.

So much so that he sent his police (later called the Gestapo), mainly drawn from Bavaria, to every single hunt kennels and ordered the hunt staff to shoot all the hounds.

In a number of instances the hunt staff refused.

Those who refused were shot in the back of the head by these henchmen at the various kennels.

Frankly Hunt Saboteurs are nothing better and now since the Hunting Act 2004 professes to be Hunt Monitors looking for illegal hunting.

If they can engineer or contrive an incident, as described that occurred in Shropshire they will do so.

They are the latter-day 'henchmen' of the dishonest and discredited Labour Government.

There were some in the Labour Party who wanted the hounds similarly disposed of, as part of the Hunting Act 2004 in order to 'remove' hunting and the participants from the British Isles. A sort of 'equine' cleansing.

Don't forget the above and don't forget, that many men and women went to war in WWII because of Hitler's actions concerning hunting, not because he invaded Poland.

Those 'police' and/or Gestapo later went on to round up millions of Jews and sent them to the gas chambers of the contentration camps.

HUNT SABOTEURS ARE THROUGHLY DISHONEST, DEVIOUS AND EVIL PEOPLE OF THE LOWEST SCUM IMAGINABLE

Last edited:

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
JM I too don't like the sans and the way they deal with things, they are mainly just wanting to cause trouble!! But I do think it was unfair in one off your posts to put that most antis and sabs are drug crazed, some may be but there is also alot off antis who are peaceful and just want to get there point across, to put that most of them are on drugs is like them saying that we are all upper class toffs with lots of money, neither off which is true, and it doesn't help either side!!

Charem

Visit site
What a truly awful thing to do, as said above so much for caring about the fox's welfare! Though have to say it doesn't surprise me, yes there are a few who genuinely feel that fox hunting is cruel and will peacefully protest against it, to which I have no bother. But the majority seem to be weapon wielding, foul mouthed thugs.

My dad used to be a keen huntsmen when he was younger but he stopped going because he feared that someone would get killed. He saw sabs pull children off their ponies, horse's and ponies beaten with thorny sticks and in one particularly horrible case the sabs got hold of a hunting horn and called the pack on to a rail way line...yep that's how you show your passion for animal welfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.