Our RIHS Round Up

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
What a looooong week - started on Tuesday with the coloureds - Dinger was fab and went right through the card, winning his class, the horse championship and then the overall coloured supreme - which he has won twice before - he went incredibly well on the muddy ground and it was lovely to watch him enjoying himself so much.

We also took Ruper (Aidensfield Rupert) a 4 year old plaited hunter. He has done half a dozen shows this year and really went for the experience. However, he was called in top, gave the judge a fab ride, and stayed to win the class!

Nothing on the Wednesday, then hunters on Thursday. Another busy day with a 3rd for the 5 year old Time to Reflect, a second for the MW (Knightsbridge Court) and a 4th for our HW, Silverstream. We had introduced Champagne Kir Royale to sidesaddle and she had done a couple of classes - and duly went out and won the Ladies Hunter class!

Friday was a little bit sad for our yard - Comberton Clancy came off the lorry looking a million dollars, but when he went into trot it was clear he was not right. Having got back home and the vet been, turns out he has a bruised heel - oh well, there is always next year! In the meantime, Berkley Square did the small Riding Horse and came 4th.

Saturday was a very busy day, with horses all over the place! Small hack Coco Chanel (another novice) was up first and finished a creditable 6th in the her class. I was beaten up a few times by Saucy (Broadshard Simplicity) who has to be the cheekiest four year old in the world! He redemmed himself with a very good second in the large hacks - then went into the main ring for his championship and was awarded reserve - brilliant for a newly broken four year old who has only done a couple of open classes. Very pleased with him.

Then over to the intermediates where our charge, Galiano, was second in the Intermediate Show Riding Type - very good result in a scarily strong class. In the ring opposite Jim (It's After Eight) was doing the small hunters - called in top and was one of the 8 called through to the main ring championship. He ended up by winning this, although on the go round one of his shoes half came off and we had to yank it off to let him continue on the go round! Fab gallop from him and very pleasing as he is another novice.

Sunday was my turn to ride Dinger. I've not ridden since October last year as I am waiting for a knee replacement - he was amazing and was pulled in 3rd, although dropped to 8th despite giving a super ride for the judge. Guy (Fait Accobli) was second and Darcey Bustle was 3rd - so all 3 of our LW cobs ended up in the top 8 - amazing achievement!

Eric (The Keystone Cob) won the HWs - so we all trooped over to the main ring to watch the championship where Guy was reserve - they both did fab gallops!

Then the Supreme Ridden Championship - Dinger had to go first and ended up 4th out of the 6 finalists. Katie Jerram on the hunter champion Dunbeacon, did THE most amazing gallop around the entire arena and deservedly won!

So a lovely week for us and an incredible set of results - possible our best ever. Well done to Hickstead for keeping everything going despite the rather horrid ground conditions on the first few days.

Some pics
Guy in the cob championship
557121_10151138264542498_1786701444_n.jpg

Aidensfield Rupert in the coloureds
563988_10151100544638142_1054116784_n.jpg

Dinger
8107_10151100531653142_568907683_n.jpg

Saucy in the hack championship

396032_10151138327597498_1126953409_n.jpg

Champagne Kir Royal - Ladies Hunter Champion
483316_10151289447254552_1327613679_n.jpg

Gamebird

Visit site
*would really hope Touchy looks like this on Saturday at Aintree* :D

Well done sounds like you have lots to look forward to! World domination in 2013?

I did think there was a bit of Touchy about him!

Very well done FMM, Hickstead really is 'your' place, isn't it? :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I don't know how you manage to keep up with whose where, when, what ring etc etc. I have enough trouble with one horse and one ring.

Well done though, what another fantastic week and totally agree with JFTD re cob condition :)