Over height Highland....foal!

Dry Rot

Visit site
We measured our five month old filly foal the other day AND SHE IS 12HH ALREADY!

Is this a record?? :) The photo has not been photoshopped!

tara_zpsjg0234f3.jpg

Dry Rot

Visit site
Just grass! BTW, I'm not exactly a midget being just short of six foot! She is smart, too. Leads, has all her feet picked up, backs, walks on plastic, plywood, steps onto a pallet -- nothing phases her. I was teaching her to 'move over' today and she's getting there.:)

dunthing

Visit site
I had a highland gelding who made 15.1Hh. The kindest, most gentle and useful horse I have ever owned. He was pure bred by Balmoral Dee, out of a Nashend mare and I found out that he had a full brother who made 15.3Hh. Both of them were still very true to type. There is a market for bigger highlands and Ruaridh Ormiston likes the bigger ones too.

Merlin11

Visit site
She is lovely. I am partial to highlands. I have a 14.1 gelding who is proving to be a handful. A bigger one is a bit scary but they can have lovely natures.

Dry Rot

Visit site
Not so long ago I sold two 4yo's who were over 14HH so I've no objection to the big ones and both could go over height. Tall and leggy certainly seem easier to sell than the smaller ones. I've been told mine are 'the riding type of Highland', though I am not sure if that was meant as a compliment or an veiled insult!:)

npage123

Visit site
Oh she's lovely! Hope you'll keep us updated on how things go over the next few years as she seems really special :)