Over reach boot recommendations - also in NL

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
I'm in need of good quality, strike resistant, no turn over reach boots that can withstand turn out as well as riding/jumping. There are soooooo many different brands around and it has been a long long time since I have bought a pair, though. So, lovely HHOers, what do I go for? And, ahem, what size for a 16 hh TB?
Beverage of your choice as a way of thanks :)

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
oh, I had a look at the Kieffer ones in real life, so to speak, yesterday... what I was wondering is a) are they ok in the wet, b) do they not turn, as the dimple thing is rather small and c) it's only neoprene - is it enough for a proper forger?
I desperately need to keep shoes on for at least couple of shoeings :/
The bridleway ones are just your bog standard rubber thing with a bit of fluff, aren't they?

vallin

Visit site
oh, I had a look at the Kieffer ones in real life, so to speak, yesterday... what I was wondering is a) are they ok in the wet, b) do they not turn, as the dimple thing is rather small and c) it's only neoprene - is it enough for a proper forger?
I desperately need to keep shoes on for at least couple of shoeings :/
The bridleway ones are just your bog standard rubber thing with a bit of fluff, aren't they?

The bridleway ones are indeed-normal rubber ones rub so I preferred these as they don't-I use these for turn out as they last well, don't come off and don't absorb water. The kieffer ones are fine when wet, they do absorb water but dry very quickly. I find as long as I make sure the dimple is low enough and in the right place they don't move, but if I put them on too high they they do spin iyswim? I generally use these for riding, though she has been turned out in them and they've been fine.
The other ones I would like to try are the professional choice ones, they've always looked good. http://www.rbequestrian.co.uk/23519...ogle&utm_content=None&utm_campaign=PriceComp1

vallin

Visit site
The Professional Choice look good indeed. Have you ever heard of Dalmar?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370505832...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_922
sounds good, but is it true?
Arghhh, why can't there just be 1 type?

Dalmar generally make very good boots, the only question there has been over them is that they have carbon fibre inserts (in their tendon boots as well as the O/R boots) and carbon fiber shatters, if it's just for pulling shoes off I would possibly go with something simpler...

zoon

Visit site
If you have a decathlon near you (or maybe you can buy online - not sure) They do their own no turn overreach boots
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/optimum-protect-23065106/

I bought them as they were cheap and if they were cr@p I could use them for turnout, but I use them everyday and for competing. They are quite small size wise though so go up a size. Was very suprised at how good they were for price, certainly not in same league as dalmar, but great for a tenner. Mine are years old and get chucked in washing machine and still look good enough to compete in.

Jnhuk

Visit site
For turnout and to stop pulling shoes off, I found the Woof Wear Kevlar overreach boots the only thing my ID didn't destroy in a week and that came in a XL size as very big feet.

SW3

Visit site
I use pariani for turn out... Not massively sexy to look at but easy to put on (as veeeee stretchy) and double thickness rubber.