Overbending slightly ... how do I stop her ?

HBII

Visit site
My mare is slightly overbending at the moment when I ride her, so I am obviously doing something incorrect.

How do I stop her from doing this?

Do I need to push her more into a contact, ride more from my seat or lighten my hands?

Any ideas / excersizes gratefully received.

Regards

Hb

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I expect yours isn't the same situation, but PF used to overbend in order to avoid the contact, and STILL managed to go forward at a million miles an hour! I had to put her in the softest bit possible to encourage her to take a bit of a hold! Now she does it sometimes and I lighten my hands but I 'resist' with my seat to stop her charging off, if that makes any sense? I think I've confused myself!

HBII

Visit site
I have got a loose ring snaffle NS team up snaffle at the moment. I have changed my nose band recently as the other one was somewhat down her nose, so I am wondering if that is the cause.

Hb

HBII

Visit site
No it does make sense PF, thanks. I think I need to lighten my hands and maybe half halt a bit more!

I might loosen my noseband too, as I had cranked it round on the advice os someone.

Hb

ecrozier

Visit site
As above, I also had this problem, so had to go to a flexi mouth rubber straight bar snaffle which was as inoffensive as we could find! He is now back in a KK Ultra snaffle, but still backs off that occasionally, have to just give with my hands and ride him on long and low for a few strides, then pick up contact again. Not ideal, but the best solution we have found for him.