Overcoming trailer issues??

sassyequine

Visit site
I am interested to learn about others success stories based on my recent issues. I have a Richardson excel rear facing extra large trailer pulled by a v large 4 x 4. 3 of my horses travel fantastically without moving inc one that won't travel forwards or sideways! My news horse is 12, never travelled in a trailer before. We brought him home 3hrs and he was great, next 2 journeys stamped a bit but overall good. Today fine on the way there with a bit of stamping. On the way home he was fine for the first 10 miles then the last 5 he started to sit down like a dog, thrash, shake about a lot and stamp a lot. I have CCTV so can see all off this. By the time we got home he was sweaty and anxious. Fine 5 minutes later. He loads and unloads perfectly, is calm otherwise and level headed on the ground. I do not have an option to buy a lorry so please don't suggest that. If you know the Richardson you will know it is long front to back so he can move about and you cannot move the breast bars or hind partition. I am going to try bandaging rather than rear boots as he particularly dislikes them. I'm keen to hear all ideas that have worked to reduce this type of behaviour?? It's pretty stressful when you are driving! Many thanks