Overweight?? - my turn please

Tia

Visit site
Is this little grey 12.2hh pony overweight in your opinion?

119312291.jpg

Overweight now?

202573828.jpg

S_N

Visit site
First piccie not at all, second piccie - is that recent? Is she preggers in the pic? If so, then IMO she looks fab - esp. going into a Canadian winter.

Tia

Visit site
Oh bottom!! You got my little joke!

Both piccies are taken here in Canada. First one is last winter and second one is her 5 and a half months pregnant.....taken just a couple of days ago, LOL!!!

Skhosu

Visit site
Is that the same pony?
Now, bearing in mind I am not in any way an expert and taking it at face value:
1, no, although certainly well covered I wouldn't say overweight. A very cute picture too!
2:looks cresty perhaps? Other than that looks 'soft' (good old pony club term!!)
But looks more unfit than overweight.

Tia

Visit site
First picture she weighed 200 kgs which I've always thought was way too light for her frame.

Second picture, she's a very preggie little girl and is definitely chilled, LOL!!

Tia

Visit site
I know - she looks REALLY different to me at the moment. I've owned her for just under 10 years and this is the first time she has been allowed to grow a winter coat and become all scruffy. She is usually clipped over the winter and kept smart looking. Bless her - she does just look like the little fat scraggy pony doesn't she, LOL!!

Tia

Visit site
She really is! She is just so calm and doesn't buzz around like she normally does. She just takes her time about things now and nothing much worries her.
smile.gif

God I love this pony - see I'm a real suck for little grey ponies.
blush.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Now this doesn't look like the same pony..........but it is!
smile.gif

205486551.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my goodness!!!! WOW!!! Rocking horse or what!!! She's so perty!!!

L

lilym

tiiiiiaaaaa.........she's pregnant, and looks wonderful for it!!!! you should see my friends sec a broodmares...i'll try and get some piccies, incidentley they have never had lammi, apart from hay in winter they are left as nature intended!

SouthWestWhippet

Visit site
ahhhhh, she is so sweet.

That second picture she has this real 'I'm special cos I'm pregnant' look in her eyes. My mum's dog gets that same look - she knows she is due some pampering when she is expecting!

Bless her. I love little ponies.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Hi Tia!

First piccie I thought spot on, second one I thought ... well if going into a tough winter OK... then I remembered the piccy in the gallery? If she wasn't looking tubby I'd be very worried!

Generally, for a domesticated Welshie/ British Native, the top piccy is what I would be more than very happy with.

Many don't understand that natives SHOULD be tubby in the summer, to hit winter (on a moor or mountainside) in good nick. Come the spring grass they should be lean as whippets and ready for their metabolism to change gear and cope with the spring flush. It is how natives have evolved. We mess that up by carrying on feeding them all year round and it really messes up their winter metabolic state.