own horse plus instruction holiday recommendations

molly7886

Visit site
I'm looking for any recommendations for somewhere lovely you can take your own horse for a short break, but also has nice horses/school master types to have additional rides/lessons on.
I'm based in South so prefer somewhere within a couple of hours drive. Any suggestions please?

Micropony

Visit site
It might be too far, but Cornish Riding Holidays near Redruth used to be great before I had my own. Horses were all well looked after and happy, and they were ever so flexible about what sort of riding you could do and how much. They're not going to have a PSG schoolmaster or anything I wouldn't have thought, but even the children's ponies had basic laterals in place, and I did my first travers there on a hairy pony.
They did beach rides, swimming with horses in a lake, various hacks as well as flat, small sj and xc lessons. Just depends what you're after really.
Accommodation was fairly basic but clean & comfortable, and they fed you. Nothing gourmet, but fine. Oh, and there was a hot tub.
Haven't been for about 8 years though, so my info could be out of date.

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I've been considering this sort of thing too, and the 2 places I've found are Wellington and Halland. The other place I'd love to go, but I think is probably too far is the Yorkshire Riding Centre - although if I had a partner in crime I might be persuaded to go!

Bernster

Visit site
Someone I know recommended this place - take your horse on hol and have lessons/xc etc. I think this looks fab !

http://foxhill-farm.com/

Ah, just realised maybe you're looking for somewhere where you ride school horses ! In which case Contessa Riding School, Wellington and Talland (although I wouldn't recommend the latter from personal experience).