Owniversary pt2, a month late, with pics!

CorvusCorax

'It's only a laugh, no harm done'
Visit site
Apologies to the little lady who came home with us in APRIL, not May, as I thought, but here is a wee post for her some weeks late, as Bodo seems to get all the attention both here and in real life (she should learn to be bald and naughty
tongue.gif
)

We initially chose the Boy last March over Bella as he was sable, no contest!
However when our old girl died so suddenly a few weeks after we got him (RIP Nanci) we decided to stay a two-dog family and when we heard she was still available, we jumped at the chance.

They are VERY different dogs -
She is neurotic and noisy, foghorn-like in fact, she is ditzy and a bit wussy.
However she is super pretty, easy to train and loves her cuddles. She has lots of fans, you can give her to anyone to take for a walk and now she has settled down, is a great addition to our family.

My favourite Bella moment? Because we practise jumping over an old summer seat in the yard, she thinks they are there to be jumped, which shocks a lot of people on the beach when a little GSD soars past their heads!

So here she is, Bella, Bella! (Must be said in an Italian accent!)

The day she came home
Bodo065.jpg

Bodo068.jpg

Modelling hi-viz
SP_A0288.jpg

Practising her 'stand' - pardon the swan neck
Bodo135.jpg

Loving the snow
argh011.jpg

Brr026.jpg

d07d264a.jpg

In the car with her bro
dgs.jpg

1bbcc12b.jpg

And doing what she does best - posing! The new purple collar lasted about a week before she ate it
51eb23f7.jpg

429bd914.jpg

Hope you enjoy, cookies if you got this far!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
She is such a pretty bitch, how could she possibly be overshadowed by your big sable boy
smile.gif
Doesn't time fly. Evie will be 12 months old later this month, I will shortly be booking her in for hips
frown.gif

CorvusCorax

Visit site
MM - She has her moments! You're right - I can't believe she is almost one..good luck with the scores, I am sure it will be grand.

N, thanks, she is a wee cutie pie
smile.gif

TE - wash your mouth out, greys rule
tongue.gif

In fairness, it doesn't come across in all the photos, but she is a lovely red gold, just like her dam, whereas big brother is a slighter version of his dad.

CorvusCorax

Visit site
Cool! We attend a working club.
Her brother is showing some aptitude, but she gets scared of the 'criminal' and hides behind my legs
blush.gif
she will be sticking to the agility side of things....

CorvusCorax

Visit site
You know you're welcome any time, Col! Maybe see you next week at Balmoral, work permitting, and at the Mena (but I am not taking those two, too much livestock for them to eat!)

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Having seen the lovely Bear recently I would agree that he has a darker mask. Bodo is a grey sable (well he looks like it from the pics, apologies if he is not H-H) whereas your Wroxy is a gold sable. Having been brought up with probably 2 of the better known sable GSDs of their time, and having had a very special sable girl myself I have a weakness for them I have to admit, although have not had one for many years.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Just cheated and looked back at the pics
tongue.gif
Yes the cheeky boys were greys, have you seen them recently , would imagine they will be very similar to H-Hs Bodo in colour.
H-h have you seen the most recent pictures TE posted of Bear, he is a real stunner
smile.gif

CorvusCorax

Visit site
No worries, I encourage all talk about sables, the more the better
tongue.gif

Yes, Bodo is a grey sable (again, the photos can be deceiving, he is much darker than in pictures), my old bitch (pics on the memorial sticky) was a gold sable. You can also have a reddish sable, just to be confusing!!!
We've only had three black and golds in the last 30 years or so, you can tell where our loyalties lie
tongue.gif

I demand to see Bear pics! I will go and root through your previous posts, TE
smile.gif