OWWWCH painful fall 2day!

PinkFairy

Visit site
well, after feeling rather proud this is a bit of a blemish! with the same instructor, who i dont usualy get on with, me and three other girls were having a lesson, about 15 minutes into the lesson, the horses all spooked and all cantered to the other end of the school but my horse who i was riding for the first time, went straight for the wall at a flat out canter, i turned the reins and pulled back but she completely ignored me and went to the wall, threw me and i hit the wall, slid down and she cantered straight over me trampling me kicking my face and arms. the instructor came and sat me up and calmed me down then ran off to the next school and found my tutor for my course and in turn, three more instructors ran in and teh remaining three riders dismounted and held my horse. they said i was to go to hospital and get checked out etc and an air ambulance and ambulance came to the college and put a neck brace on me, put me on a body board and i was sent to hospital with sirens going! Parents met us there of course, (first time i'd seen them in three weeks!) seen by 3 doctors, all concluded i had concussion, cuts and swelling and bruising to my neck, chin, ear, arms and legs. I was sent home after about an hour or two at hospital and here i am! stiff neck, very sore and bruised! feeling nausea and sickness. Im not to ride for a while til my neck is healed but other than that i'm fine! Sorry its such a long post!!!

PinkFairy

Visit site
already been in the bath and downed lots of hot chocolate!! im just feeling quite battered, its the 2nd time i've fallen off in the 5-6 years i've been riding. to be honest i did feel her getting excited so i kept her slow but once one horse bolted, they all followed!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Owwwwch indeed! Sounds nasty - poor you!
frown.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
i'm just a bit peeved at myself, i should have tried harder to stay on and calm her down. why do i feel like a failure?! all my teachers and instructors said that it happens and you can't stop some things happening etc

Accy

Visit site
Glad to hear your not seriously injured, dont beat yourself up though sometimes there is nothing you can do to stop them when they decide they want to go.

More hot chocolate and sunggling to make you feel better

Vicky7041

Visit site
You musnt think you are a failure, the best of us all have falls. I hope you're not too sore today.
( I had a stupid fall last week, pony went one way, i went t'other! But only my pride was hurt!!!)

Take care xx

PinkFairy

Visit site
well i've had near misses over jumps when my horse suddenly stopped and spun round i nearly went over the jumps myself! but i've counted myself lucky, in the 6 years i've ridden horses, i've fallen off twice now! I'm just thankful the horse missed my eyes! it was very close as she cantered over me hitting my arm, legs and face

PinkFairy

Visit site
hello all i'm feeling a bit better, nausea has sort of gone though i do feel a tad lightheaded at times, my neck is still swollen and my cuts are tender! other than that i'm fine!