Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc......

Doris68

Visit site
Ditto Amage!!
Our Sainsburys had sold out last week, so will be topping up on Thursday - if there's any left!

Suziq77

Visit site
*sits and waits (because the car is in the shop) to see how THIS thread can go all kinds of wrong. . ." ;)

Well, I don't think that the thread should have been hijacked to discuss Wirau (Wairau?) Cove (which I agree is also really nice but OB has the slight edge IMO) and I really do think someone should have pointed out that the recommended maximum weekly units is 14 and there are approximately 9 units in a bottle so we should all be responsible etc etc.

LOL, yes i wonder! It is however the most useful thing I have read today so far, I have now bought 4 bottles and I am very grateful to the OP :)

Rambo

Visit site
The potential of this thread is enormous ! We're only just scraping the surface on new world Sauv Blanc....think what we can do when we expand our horizons.....Chablis.....Pouilly Fume....and why limit ourselves to white.....such great variety in the modern Rose's these days and then for the serious officienados the bountiful choice of fine red wine........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

marble

Visit site
ASDA have Nobillio Silver Cove at 4.99 per bottle at Antrim store, first time I have ever seen it, but can tell you it is very yummyyyyyy, love Oyster Bay but this seems to taste just as good!

Mrs B

Visit site
ASDA have Nobillio Silver Cove at 4.99 per bottle at Antrim store, first time I have ever seen it, but can tell you it is very yummyyyyyy, love Oyster Bay but this seems to taste just as good!

*tries to work out how much it would cost in petrol to get to Antrim from Oxfordshire* :D

Oyster Bay Sauv B is also also on special offer at Co-ops...

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
Now this thread demonstrates all that is good about HHO CR - good quality, useful information.

Well done OP!

I thank you :)! Trouble is its not pay day until tomorrow so the chances are the Sainsbury I spotted it in will be sold out by then! Thank goodness there are two of them in my town (not mentioning it in case someone else gets there before me :p)

LizzieJ

Visit site
They have had a good couple of seasons in NZ so have massively over produced hence we are getting a lot of good offers around :D :D

TableDancer

Visit site
It's absolutely outrageous that someone could have started this thread without considering te consequences for those of us who are struggling to overcome our wine dependence :mad: I've been, I dunno, nearly four HOURS without a drink and it was starting to get easier, ten this :( :( :( People are just SO thouhtless!! And another thing, we haven't got a Sainsburys within 20miles so how am I supposed to get any?? Just have to stick with my Brown Brothers Pinot Grigio which is on offer in Waitrose at the moment :p Cheers everbody, here's to universal good humour - oh and a sense of it too ;)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
It's absolutely outrageous that someone could have started this thread without considering te consequences for those of us who are struggling to overcome our wine dependence :mad: I've been, I dunno, nearly four HOURS without a drink and it was starting to get easier, ten this :( :( :( People are just SO thouhtless!! And another thing, we haven't got a Sainsburys within 20miles so how am I supposed to get any?? Just have to stick with my Brown Brothers Pinot Grigio which is on offer in Waitrose at the moment :p Cheers everbody, here's to universal good humour - oh and a sense of it too ;)

TD your spelling in this post would suggest it is much less than 4 hours since you last enjoyed a glass ...... or 5 :eek:;):p

TableDancer

Visit site
TD your spelling in this post would suggest it is much less than 4 hours since you last enjoyed a glass ...... or 5 :eek:;):p

:D :D :D No, honest, perhaps it's withdrawal symptoms making my hands shake :rolleyes: Also, my bloomin iPad just leaves out letters randomly when I'm typing, and just now it turned its screen upside-down mid-sentence - got a mind of its own :eek:

marble

Visit site
surely Mrs B you have A*** in your county too, cannot believe that Northern Ireland not only has best golfers in the world, but is also only British country with A***!.....as you can see I have been reprimanded for online advertising............................
Also was it not great to see Darren Clarke really enjoying his win, and celebrating with the demon drink, shows we are not all goody goodies.

Last edited:

Mrs B

Visit site
surely Mrs B you have A*** in your county too, cannot believe that Northern Ireland not only has best golfers in the world, but is also only British country with A***!.....as you can see I have been reprimanded for online advertising............................
Also was it not great to see Darren Clarke really enjoying his win, and celebrating with the demon drink, shows we are not all goody goodies.

Ah, but tis worth any excuse for a trip across the water.
*snorts with laughter* I don't think I've ever thought of you as goody goodies!:D

SnowGoose

Visit site
thanks LD!

I'll head to Sainsburys sharpish - before Baydale gets back from holiday ;)

trust you to get in early on this thread, and i notice you didnt mention this when i saw you at the yard earlier... i take it you have now cleared the local sainsburys out of supplies... some friend :mad:

(Tarrsteps - hope that meets your expectations -HHO / yard feud started over reduced price wine info, a much more worthwhile topic for slinging insults, let battle commence :D)

Gamebird

Visit site

Ditto M_M and I would also like to add...... Waitrose? :eek: I thought having horses and being able to afford shopping at Waitrose were mutually exclusive :confused:. Sadly some of us don't get paid until Monday and are drinking Any Old Cr*p White from the village shop :(.

amage

Visit site
Actually on the subject of white wine and in the interest of adding to the useful info on this thread...Aldi sell a lovely Sauv Blanc...Cambala. Was an absolute steal at €4.99 and very very drinkable, perhaps a little too drinkable! re: the competition horse called Oyster Bay...dad has it on his longlist of potential names for his yearling colt whom I bred and gave to him for his birthday last year!

Llanali

Visit site
And I would like to point out that I am informed, the recommended unit allowance is per average siZe person... given the size of some egos on hho, perhaps I could suggest each individual calculates their intake on a pro rata basis, increasing and decreasing where appropriate?!

I reckon that means I get two bottles lol ;p

TarrSteps

Visit site
An excellent effort, people! But we're still waiting for a few of the usual suspects . . . ;)

I think the topic above could use discussion - exactly whose units? As TD once pointed out, I'm HUGE so sure deserving of extra measures!

And perhaps we could discuss what the plonk of choice matches? I made a lovely chicken risotto this evening which turned out almost EXACTLY white wine coloured.

Which reminds me. . .TD . . . Waitrose? Really? Wow. :) I am now expecting something REALLY good in my belated delivery. :p

Last edited:

soupdragon71

Visit site
Did notice the Waiku Bay on offer and helped myself to a few. Also Asda have Fiano on offer - £5 a bottle - I know it's not New Zealand Sauv Blanc but is very nice, so stocked up in time for Burgham this weekend (staying in a caravan and not competing so think I'm allowed!!)