P:ssed off again! Or am I over reacting??

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Well, I think by now it has been established without a doubt that my part of the world contains a higher than average proportion of eejits/ignoramuses/pig-ignorant w*nkers/f*ckwits, so on and so forth...
A few days ago I hear that one of the liveries (a chap who hauls his butt onto his mare's back twice a week, then pounds her into the ground for an hour or more and puts her back in her stable DRIPPING with sweat and heaving for breath AND refuses to have her wormed or vaccinated OR have the COMPULSORY Coggins tests every 2 mths) is bringing a new horse onto the yard.... I started to bristle even before I found out that this horse was an unbroken 2 year old Arab that he plans to 'show'; he describes the sort of showing he has in mind as chasing said horse round a pen until he's "crazy" (I kid you not!) Then somehow expecting said horse to settle instantly and respond to certain commands.... at this point the blood rushing to my head and in my ears prevented me from hearing any more.
Imagine my DELIGHT when I found out that said neddy is also ENTIRE. Owner says there's "no sense" in gelding him. It took me a few seconds to pick my jaw up off the ground and control the irresistible urge to damage this person quite seriously...
Erm Hellooooo??? Now apart from knowing feck all about breeding, this bloke is a skinflint of the highest order so whilst I'm sure this pony is 'pretty' or 'eyecatching' I'm sure he has neither the bloodlines nor the conformation to justify his becoming a stud- This IS of course Cheapskate's goal; to make money from his ned.
Apart from anything else, our yard is simply not equipped to 'contain' a randy colt safely; said neddy will spend his days in the stable or tethered to keep him from harm's way (and the mares!) I've already told owner that if I catch his horse anywhere near PF, he won't have to get anyone out to geld the colt... I'll do it myself and probably do him as well!
Anyway, HOW can he not understand the liability of an uncut colt on a not-very secure yard (horses escape regularly but there's nowhere for them to go, so they're not in any physical danger) full of slutty mares like PF?? It it not cruel???
Am I overreacting??

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
No your not over-reacting, my advise to you:

-Dig a hole

-Throw the cheapskate in it

-Fill in said hole

-Smile and walk away

tongue.gif

Happy Bird

community.webshots.com
Poor you !!! You are not over-reacting as clearly this guy is clueless. To be honest, I would have a complete rethink if I was at a livery yard whereby the YO actually allowed this to happen !! We have many stallions at our yard but they are handled with the utmost responsbility and have never been an issue.

I feel extremely sorry for the colt !

S_N

Visit site
NO, given the situation, I don't think you are over-reacting in the slightest!

I wouldn't have a fit if anyone brought a stallion to a yard where I had B, IF the owner was a) knowledgable and b) YO and & owner had made specific provisions for the stallion. Stallions shouldn't have to be handled differently to other horses, but they do require different management.

Fairynuff

Visit site
PF, I bet hes got a good dollop of Italian blood in him. Arent you beginning to get used to the foreign "horsey people" yet? Im getting hardened to the whole kit and caboodle here in Italy but admit to it having taken 17 years ( but Im still soft round the edges). I would be worried but let the colt make a complete idiot of this guy. Cant you get a chastity belt for PF? M.
grin.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Have you voiced your concerns to YO ?? He/she may think again if they think all their decent liveries will leave if 'SFB' brings this new colt onto the yard ??

[/ QUOTE ]

There isn't a YO as such, the YM is a kindly yet clueless dodder who thinks 'everyone should get along'. This is the same man who asks how the mare with the broken leg is getting along.... erm.... well, leg is STILL broken....

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully:

a. Colt will kick idiot in head - end of idiot.

b. Colt will be deemed dangerous and gelded and/or removed from yard.

c. YO will see the light and remove colt and idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

A and B are the more likely options... Keeping my fingers crossed!!

_jetset_

Visit site
No you are not over reacting at all! It would be bad enough someone bringing a stallion onto your yard if it is not really suitable for one, but for someone like this to bring one on is just ridiculous.

What the hell is he going to do when said colt becomes a fully grown and hormonal stallion??? Some people really do not have a clue when it comes to horse care. He can't even look after his mare, never mind a bloody stallion!

I have to say, I would give the YM a piece of my mind with regards to him keeping the stallion on the yard, but then again, like you said, it is the best yard for you.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I'm getting used to SOME aspects of the latin ego/temperament and learning ways round it... but outright stupidity STILL takes me aback a bit!! I'm pretty sure colt will make a complete arse of him, be deemed dangerous and eventually gelded or sold on... Actually, those are the BEST case scenarios. I'll be fecking LIVID if he shags my PF!!! I will certainly look for chastity belts on eBay!!
smile.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I think I WILL have to say SOMETHING just so they can't say that nobody warned them. I'm in a bit of a precarious situation though; I don't own property in the development which contains the yard, so have fewer rights and COULD be kicked off... SO, I'm not really the sensible choice for a complaint. HOWEVER, the people who most go to the yard have geldings so they're not bothered.
I WILL have to say something though, because they're so fecking clueless (and so, for that matter, is the owner)