Paddy is now nutless

minmax

Visit site
:eek:Poor Paddy is now a gelding, he is feeling a little sorry for himself atm. He was very good at the vets, bless him.
I did think he would need a lampshade?? But one wasn't supplied. Was rather expensive too, oh well, alll done now.

spaniel

Visit site
He will be back to his old self by tomorrow once the effects of the anaesthetic have worn off. Neighbours spangle lost his plums on friday, by saturday teatime he had forgotten all about it.

dozzie

Visit site
:eek:Poor Paddy is now a gelding, he is feeling a little sorry for himself atm. He was very good at the vets, bless him.
I did think he would need a lampshade?? But one wasn't supplied. Was rather expensive too, oh well, alll done now.

Paw boy. :(

But sensible you!:)

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Agree he will soon bounce back, your biggest problem will probably be keeping him quiet. As long as he doesn't start on his stitches you should be fine without a collar, as a matter of interest just how expensive was it, I always thought castration was a relatively cheap op?

minmax

Visit site
Well, we had a quote from the pet vaccination clinic for £60. Our regular vets charged us £145. Eeep. I really don't know how it can be that much for the same op? The p. v. c. provide a collar and drugs if needed too in the price. he is fine today, quite clingy tho. Can't go for a wee without him wanting to come too!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I'm a bit out of touch but would have expected it to be somewhere between the 2. £60 does sound very cheap, I think for a large breed like a GSD the anaesthetic is the biggest part of the op. It is possible the pet vacc place would charge you for follow up visits,whereas I imagine your vets will have included that in the price.