Pain free saddle selling/ finding one that fits?!

LauraBR

Visit site
Fal came with a new GP Albion.... specially fitted for him apparently. Didn't fit. AT ALL. Had to get saddle that did fit in a hurry so had localish reputable saddle lady out. She basically fleeced me, took the saddle, swapped it for another Albion a year or so old and charged me £50. Knew I was being screwed over at the time but didn't have much choice- Fal was mid psycho episode with the pros and I needed a saddle that fit 100% yesterday.

ANYWAY- now have another new horse who (shock horror) has come with a saddle that doesn't fit. At all.

SO... I now have a good Albion and a decent (can't remember the brand) GP to go towards my next saddle- what I want for Sam is a good quality one second hand one that we will both be comfy in.

How best to go about it?

rach1984horse

Visit site
Find a local saddle fitter through word of mouth might be a good idea. Probably not Saddle lady you used before if you think she fleeced you.

If the worst comes to the worst you can always sell your current saddles through local paper/ebay, then use the money to get something else, if you can't find a suitable trade in deal.

Bri

Visit site
I say get a saddle company one!!

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but I absolutely love mine, and I don't think it can be beaten for comfort. Reasonably priced too!

hunteress

Visit site
I wen't through saddles like hot cakes, eventually got one made to fit me and the horse its like sitting in a armchair can give you the guys name he travels all over the country.