Paint for trailer - what did you use?

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Hello

I've just had the ramp on my ifor williams 505 replaced. Pick it up tonight. To keep the cost down I didn't get body coloured panels, as the guy said it would be easy to paint it.

Has anyone else done this in the past? if so what sort of paint did you use? my trailer is burgundy so something as close to this colour would be good.

Thanks

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Depends on what your side panels are made of. I had an old trailer & the roof & side panels were alluminium & steel. I cleaned/stripped off the old paint to bare metal. I used etch primer on the aluminium & normal primer on the steel. I then selected the colour I wanted from a car paint supplier & then painted the trailer using a small 'gloss paint' roller to apply the paint & a small brush to get in where the roller couldn't & the finish was really good. Best tip is to prepare your trailer well as this will enhance the outcome & don't use cheap paint. It isn't worth it & will compromise the overall finish.

Kezzabell2

Visit site
Thanks guys, its actually okay, when I picked it up last night the board they used is a slightly darker shade of burgundy than the trailer, so I think I will just leave it as it is :)