Pairs dressage test!

Sal_E

Visit site
Anyone ever done one before? Doing one shortly & don't really understand how 2 people can do symmetrical 10 metre circles in a 20m arena! Either you both have to do a 9 metre or one has to be a bit behind/ahead of the other!

Thanks!

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
Ooh no but I'd love to!!!

I'd love to find another matching grey heavyweight to do some with George
smile.gif

I think I may have a long search though as I seem to be one of the few nutters plugging away at training a heavy to be a sugar plum fairy!!
laugh.gif

I'm interested to know the answer re the symmetry too!
laugh.gif

Tempi

Visit site
my blossy isnt exactly a lightweight and shes winning elementary affliated classes
smile.gif
took me about 3years to get her to wear she is now, and it was really hard work.

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
[ QUOTE ]
my blossy isnt exactly a lightweight and shes winning elementary affliated classes
smile.gif
took me about 3years to get her to wear she is now, and it was really hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

See I need to speak to more people like you to keep my determination levels up!
laugh.gif

Well done btw! Just being able to hold my head up in a novice affiliated would suit me for now
smile.gif

Re the symmetry. Are the circles definately directly opposite each other?

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Don't know what you are worrying about misses, we are doing with Gem (16'3hh) and Blacks (14'2hh), so Gem will be going really slowwwwww and Blacks will have to go really fasttttttttttt. Should be a laugh though!

The ones I did on Ella we did the cirles at the same time but just made them slightly smaller, but you will have to let me know if that's right!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
I've done RC quadrille (and qualified for Olympia) and Rural riders (6 riders)
shocked.gif

I think one rider would do a slightly smaller circle and one a slightly larger to give an overall 10m circle. Does that make sense?

Also on turns the inside rider has to collect slightly and the outside rider extends slightly.

Most important thing is to match each other and be inline...or at least with 4/6 riders that was the aim
wink.gif

Good luck!

Sal_E

Visit site
Oh God - this is starting to sound a bit technical! Trying to co-ordinate it with the friend I'm doing it with (who's a showjumper, NOT interested in dressage) should be very amusing! When I commented on the difficulty of doing medium trot all the way across the long diagonal (60 metre arena!) her reply was 'what's the problem, you just have to go faster'! DOH!

Jo - I wonder if they'll do a boobie prize! I'm convinced we're going to get eliminated - I've never done a dressage test without a caller before!

cosmo_sam

www.cosmohorse.com
Well if it's any consolation, we went to watch the regional championship dressage at Myerscough last. It was the Prix St George and Grand Prix classes, with a Pas de deux at the end. One young team was fab, but a horse out of the prix st george class and it's partner erm...went a bit wrong from time to time
laugh.gif
they finished giggling their heads off though, and tbh it was lovely to see someone having fun with dressage, even at that high level
smile.gif