Pancreatitis and boosters in cats

Warrior_princess

Visit site
My 6 year old cat, Apple was diagnosed with pancreatitis 12 mo ths ago. Shes had a pretty rough year but over the last 4 month i have got her settled on a diet thats making her very well and no flare ups in 17 weeks. I took her for her booster last night and this morning she is having a flare up again!! Unsure if its the stress or the booster thats caused it, she hates going to the vet!! Does anyone else not vaccinate? My other 3 would still be vaccinated and they are all indoor cats but they do go in my yard sometimes. Any advice welcome. Thankyou xx

Finlib

Visit site
I don't know anything about pancreatitis but vaccinations are a worry with any animal recovering from a serious condition .One of my dogs had a bout of autoimmune response and they wouldn't vaccinate him for 2 years .You can have titer tests, done to check on the bodies immunity rather than vaccinate routinely.

rara007

Visit site
It could just as well be the stress- could look at getting a home visit next year (assuming you manage to keep out the vets for a whole year so havnt managed to test out the stress theory!)

Warrior_princess

Visit site
Rara007 Yes i mentioned this to our vet and she said she will come to my house and give Apple her booster next year, thankfully. Its very stressful for both of us. I have bought her a harness so she doesnt have to go in a crate anywhere x