Para Dressage

ShadowHunter

Visit site
Ive been looking into doing some para dressage but I'm a little confused. I understand that I need to have a classification to take part in the para classes; but would I also be able to take part in the 'normal' classes. Mostly I just want to try my hand at it but the process looks long and membership expensive, if I find that I'm not actually feeling it after a few tests. It looks like there seems to be an upper limit to how far you can progress with the para tests too.

J&S

Visit site
Why don't you contact your local RDA group? You would need to be graded if you wanted to compete at the Regionals/Championship but our group has open dressage days as well. If you have your own horse/pony you can still be very involved and attend training sessions. We have riders who compete under our groups "flag", so to speak, with their own horses.

ShadowHunter

Visit site
It has crossed my mind but my horse has severe separation anxiety so I cant take him to shows. I was looking into doing something like dressage anywhere or Interdressage, something to give us a goal.